Who doesn't love a Pineapple Surprise! (Lemony Blueberry Pineapple Mock Cobbler)

Whenever I pick up my Covey Rise produce at Simplee Gourmet, the lovely coordinator always has food for us.  One time she had a blueberry dessert that I absolutely loved!  I asked her how to make it and she gave me a rough idea of how she did it.  I was shocked to find the lemon flavor came from boxed cake mix!  I just had to make it myself.

Book club was the following weekend and I asked the hostess if I could bring dessert.  She graciously accepted my offer and I warned her they would be my guinea pigs.  Well they were some lucky guinea pigs!

I recreated it just fine and wrote it down so you could have some of this too, it is really quite easy and yummy!  Make this for company, your family or just if you are in the mood for a fruity dessert!  Full recipe to follow the montage.  

Blueberry Pineapple Lemon Mock Cobbler
Not a terrible crappy iPhone photo!
Blueberry Pineapple Lemon Mock Cobbler
Mix up your fruit.
Blueberry Pineapple Lemon Mock Cobbler
Pour your cake mix
Blueberry Pineapple Lemon Mock Cobbler
Dab with butter.  This was the hardest part of making this.
Blueberry Pineapple Lemon Mock Cobbler
Before ride in oven
Blueberry Pineapple Lemon Mock Cobbler
After ride in the oven.  Doesn't look much different!
Blueberry Pineapple Lemon Mock Cobbler
I had to peek and make sure the cake part was done.
Blueberry Pineapple Lemon Mock Cobbler
So lemony delicious with a pineapple surprise!
Easy Lemony Blueberry Pineapple Mock Cobbler

1 pint blueberries
1 can pineapple tidbits drained and dried well with a paper towel
1 box lemon cake mix (any brand will do)
1 stick of butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350. Combine blueberries and pineapple in a small baking dish.  Sprinkle cake mix on top.  Place butter pieces on top of mix in a spread out fashion.  Top with nuts.  Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until fruit is bubbling.  Serve warm, preferably with ice cream!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments