Bucket List Trip Recap #3 The Great Sand Dunes

Hey there friends!  I am so behind on trip recaps.  We last left off where I learned that camping in cold weather is hard in Carson National Forest.  We left there and headed to Colorado.  We purposely took the back roads the whole trip so we could see the sights.  And, when you take the back roads, you get the better signs!


Kevin has lost 30 pounds since this photo.  I have stayed the same, of course!

Got to love the back roads!  This went up a mountain!

See!  We went up that one.

Our first stop was to see the Great Sand Dunes Wilderness.  I am such a National Park newbie, I had never heard of it!  Well, I am sure glad we went.  It is so cool.  You are just driving amongst mountains and suddenly these giant sand dunes just appear out of no where!  

This does not even begin to show how amazing it is!


It's just nuts how there is a desert in the middle of mountains!

Gary got all the way up there with no problems.

We had some trouble!  After I showed my dad this pic, he printed it and framed it, lol!

After a few tries, we ended up upright!

Before we headed up to find a campsite, I needed to take a few calls and do a zoom meeting while I knew we had service.  There was a perfect spot for a break and I had to get my photographer to capture the moment.  His friends joked and called this Blogger boyfriend in the wild lol!  This is also when they nicknamed me Quigley on the spot!  Y'all, I seriously worked the whole time on this trip!

A little behind the scenes action!

Not a bad place to call your office!

After that, we drove up a mountain and found a secluded dispersed campsite.  We set everything up and then it was time to relax and enjoy the view with some boxed wine, which was so prevalent on the trip!

I didn't even ask Gary to take this one, awww.

Well, there is that installment!  More of Colorado to come later.  This part of the trip was all the way back in June, there is much more to come!  Have you ever been to the Great Sand Dunes?  Thanks for reading!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments