A post about delicious food I did not cook (A trip to Primitivo)

I am semi embarrassed to throw this post out because of the poor lighting and the fact that it is long overdue, but this restaurant and it's food was so good I have to share!  We (meaning the Sweet Swine of Mine girls) took my good friend Maureen aka Pottery Bern out to dinner for her birthday a few months ago. We decided to try a new place, Primitivo because we had heard wonderful things about it, it was good for a group and was near Luna Fete, the holiday installation.  We ended having such a good time at dinner that we missed Luna Fete, but the food, drinks a company were well worth it! And we ordered so well we all spent less than $50 with paying for the birthday girl and having 4 bottles of wine! Score! 

The Sweet Swine of Mine Crew!  I love these ladies to pieces!

Smoked Drum Ceviche, Roasted Pepper, Sweet Potato, Satsuma, Crackers
This was delicious.  I am not usually a seafood lover but I thoroughly enjoyed this.  The smoke flavor was subtle and vegetable combination was a winner.  Order this if you go!

This was my "haul" from the house charcuterie board
We also go the house charcuterie board.  I didn't get to snap a pic of it.  It came with some meat, some "meat pastes" these outrageously good croissant like things, mustards, jellies and toasts.  I didn't get to try a lot of it but everyone said it was good.

Pasta with Brussels Sprouts, cauliflower pork belly and cream sauce.

We next had the pasta special above, this is not on the regular menu but should be in my humble opinion.  Holy cow so good!  The pasta was cooked just perfectly, the veggies were so tender and the meat was salty and good.  I am going to have to try and  recreate this one at home.
Braised Pork Cheeks, Smoked Pork Butt & Dumplings in Carbonara
We had to order the pork cheeks and pork butt in honor of our support of Hogs for the Cause.  Our Porkpourri last year included pork cheeks too!  This was hella delicious.  The dumplings felt like gnocchi and were great.  The meat was so flavorful too.  We wanted two of these!

Biscuits with Cultured Butter & Preserves
We had to get the biscuits!  We cut them into 8 pieces so we could each have a bite and I wish we could have had more!  So delicious!  They were a bit dense but I liked that.  The butter was so creamy.  I did not try the preserves.

Roasted Chicken,  Cornbread Salad with Seasonal Tomatoes & Greens
This was excellent.  I am never afraid to order chicken at a restaurant as a chicken lover, and this did not disappoint.  The salad was a panzanella.  The flavors melded so well together.  The chicken was juicy and tender and the skin was perfectly browned. 

I love greens.  I insisted we get the Braised Mustard Greens with  Garlic and Chili Vinegar.  
The did not disappoint.
Singing Happy Birthday to Mo!
Carrot Cake Donut Holes with Lemon Curd dipping sauce


Dessert was the most disappointing part of the meal if I had to pick something.  They tasted too, for lack of a better term, fried.  The lemon curd was the bomb.  The waitress insisted we try these and I am glad we did but I really wanted to try the smores.  Next time!

I haven't been able to afford the lifestyle I used to have when the ex and I just went down a list trying new restaurants all the time.  It was nice to get back on the horse and try something new and super delicious.  And to hang out with my girls and not talk shop and just be regular friends instead of just Sweet Swine friends!

Tickets are on sale now for Hogs for the Cause which is April 1-2, 2016.  You can buy tickets here. Make sure you pick Sweet Swine of Mine as your team! If you purchase your ticket before January 11th we get bonus credit.  DO IT DO IT! It is one of the most fun events in New Orleans and is for a great cause!  Even if you can't get out there, make a donation!  Email us at sweetswineominenola@gmail.com to get more information on how you can donate.

Happy Eating!

Missy



No comments