Recapping the weekend, the end of an era.

Hey friends.  How are you?  Hope you had a great weekend!  I sure did as usual!  It was not a good one for football as my Tigers lost in the most Les Miles fashion ever.  And now he has been let go and I have weird oogie mixed feelings about it. Oh well, to the weekend!

Friday we had Happy Hour for my coworker Dwayne's 29th birthday (he really is turning that age) We all got there and by the time he did, most of us had to leave!

Where's the birthday boy?
We went to the Voodoo Two, which has an awesome piano.  And a good happy hour.
Friday night we had book club to discuss Crazy Rich Asians.  We  were hosted by my friend Suneeta who did a wonderful, book themed spread.  

The book was set in Singapore, we needed Singapore Slings!
I forgot what kind of bread this was, but it was delicious.
Rice noodles!  I ate around the shrimp.
I did not eat this shrimp.
Baked fish with veggies
The whole lovely spread.
Saturday night after that awful loss I went to Cafe Degas for some yummy French food and wine to drown my sorrows.

My companion had the escargots.  I did not pack participate.  I just couldn't.
I got the softshell crab.  I was told there would be avocado.
There was hanger steak across the table.  I did steal frites!
Sunday there was a lovely tea for my cousins who are both getting married this spring.  My grandmother hosts it for all of her granddaughters, she is so sweet


Our super cute servers had their own little table.
We had a lovely spread of sweet treats and finger sandwiches.  And of course, tea!
It was another great weekend of food friends and family.  I am so glad that traveling is done!  Hope you had a great weekend, what were you up to?  Enjoy the debate or football or none of the above tonight.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments