Five for Friday, life is killing the blog!

Hi friends. Happy Friday! It's been a long one and I have never been so ready for a weekend! Linking up with the lovely Amanda for Friday Favorites!

ONE:

As you can tell last week I was MIA.  Work, fun and general life has been so busy the blog has been suffering.  While I was drafting this, I looked back at a post around this same time that explains it, this is just a busy time of year! I said this was the year of no, and I have not been living that way lately. 

And y'all,  Blogger is killing me.  It takes forever for my photos to upload. Are you having the same issues Blogger peeps? Is it wordpress time?  Is it blog quitting time?  Hopefully I will be catching back up to normal after Hogs for the Cause. I need a break and April is just as crazy!

TWO:
Speaking of Amanda, I am loving my fashion this weekend that she inspired! My good friend Laura is getting married Saturday and I cannot wait! I will be sporting pink shoes, a floral dress and a fascinator!  Last Friday we had a day of bachelorette fun for Laura.   We had a lovely lunch at Commander's Palace and then bar hopped in the French Quarter.  

Laura is in the Chef hat.  I could not be happier for her!

While all the food was amazing, the shortcake was so good!

THREE:
I had a lovely day of volunteering for the Southern Eye Bank at Audubon Park last weekend too.  It was such a good event. It matched eye and cornea donor families and those that received the gift of sight for a picnic and fun.

The shirt, so pretty!

FOUR:

I cancelled Sirius XM.  It is not official until today but I took all the presets off and pretended it happened already earlier in the week.  I cancelled that, and one other $15 a month non necessity.  I am going to direct debit the savings into my Capital One 360 account and voila, in a year, I will have saved $400.  I think I can live without fancy radio!

FIVE:

Hogs for the Cause is next weekend!  It is a fabulous event benefitting families fighting pediatric brain cancer.  I am the head chef and will be grilling up a storm.  You can read my recap of last year here.  This year it is at a different location and I am in a much better place in my life so I cannot wait! Luckily  had some time this week to draft blog posts that had been waiting so I can be MIA, but not really!

Hope y'all have fantastic weekends!  I sure am with all the wedding festivities!  What are you up to? Let me know!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments