Yum yum come get you some! (Easy jambalaya with the Jambalaya Girl)


When you live in Louisiana, you are surrounded by good food.  Ask anyone where the best red beans, gumbo, jambalaya or etouffee can be found and usually you will get "My mama's house" and not a restaurant.  My momma is not a great cook, but in my book she makes the best red beans.  My ex used to make the best gumbo, but I dare say mine is now the best since I learned from him and practiced harder to make it better.  And when anyone asks me where the best jambalaya is, I will always say, "it comes out of a box!"

My close friend Kristen is the Jambalaya Girl.  I have introduced her before.  Her mix is so good, most people cannot tell it is a mix.  I made it for the Super Bowl when I lived in Austin, and everyone wanted to know how long it took me.  Well, with the help of the Jambalaya Girl, about 30 minutes! It is so good, so easy and such a treat.  I hadn't had jambalaya in a while and I picked up some of her mix at my Rouses.  

You out there in non New Orleans land can have this dish in your life!  The Jambalaya Girl is on Amazon!  But also if you order from her website and sign up for emails, you also get 10% off your first order. And she makes gumbo too if you don't have a recipe handy, and I can vouch that it is delish!  Check out how easy it is below!

The best and easiest jambalaya you will ever make!
So good, so good!  You have to come get you some!
The best and easiest jambalaya you will ever make!
I'm serious, this is all you need.  Oh, and water.
The best and easiest jambalaya you will ever make!
Minimal chopping.  Any sausage will do, I used my favorite low fat one.
The best and easiest jambalaya you will ever make!
Saute up your meat.  
The best and easiest jambalaya you will ever make!
Add your mix and water and bring to a boil.
The best and easiest jambalaya you will ever make!
Put the lid on and wait for a harrowing 30 minutes because you are hungry.
The best and easiest jambalaya you will ever make!
Yum Yum come get you some!
Easy as pie jambalaya

1 box Jambalaya girl jambalaya mix
1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/2 pound smoked sausage
2 1/2 cups water

Saute chicken and sausage in a dutch oven with a cover until chicken is cooked through.  Add water and bring to a boil.  Add jambalaya  mix and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover the pot with the lid and turn off heat.  Let sit for 30 minutes (sometimes I do  few minutes less and it is fine).  Stir and shout, Yum Yum come get you some!*

Happy Cooking!

Missy

*optional
**Jambalaya girl did not compensate me at all for my post.  Even if I didn't love her to pieces I would tout the attributes of this product to the heavens like I do Pure Barre.

No comments