Recapping the Weekend-Chicago Marathon Marathon

Hey y'all!  Happy Tuesday!  Hard to get back into the grind.  I went to Chicago this past weekend to cheer on my cousin and a family friend who ran the Chicago Marathon to raise money for the American Heart Association in honor of my uncle (her father).  They both finished, kicked butt, raised their goal and we had a blast!  It was such a great occasion to meet up with family in one of my favorite cities!  Here is the pic heavy recap.

I loved the gothic Spanish look of the tall building, and the cute new Apple store!
This was our view from our hotel. I accused my aunt of doing it on purpose!
We went out Friday night to Siena Tavern.  It was delicious.

My cousin (not the runner, but her sister) and I went out for a dance party after.
Saturday morning we did the Architecture Boat Tour.  Or as my family called it, the booze cruise.  I wanted to learn something and I certainly did.  It was such a great way to see the city; and learn about its history and architecture.  Plus it had a full bar and it was a beautiful day!  I highly recommend it.


Everyone had their W flag out for the Cubs winning.
Since I was with my Ohio Family and friends, most of whom are Ohio State fans, we had to go to McGee's Tavern, the Ohio State bar.  Even though I am not a fan, it was such a fun experience! Midwesterners like to party harder than we do here in New Orleans!

I made them put a TV on the LSU game for just me.  



This was in the Marathon swag bag.

I got a really good Sazerac at the fancy cocktail bar after.
Sunday was race day.  My aunt made us matching T shirts which were great to see each other in the crowd and for our favorite runner to notice us, We hit up a few mile markers and cheered everyone on.  It was such a cool thing to watch!




She did it!!!

Her toe was bloody ;(

Our friend Sam ran too and wore my uncle's name on his arm. Tip passed away at 48 from an undiagnosed heart problem.

We went for football and libations after at the Public House.  Man theses nachos were good!

A well deserved Michelob Ultra! 

I am so proud of this little lady!
It was a blast and I am exhausted from the whirlwind of two trips in a row!  I love having family to visit in different parts of the country and am so excited that they are coming down here for Thanksgiving!  If you ever get to watch a marathon, do it, it was so inspiring and positive!  Hope you had a great weekend!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments