Recapping the Weekend -A trip to Boston

Hey y'all!  I went to Boston this past weekend.  Well not weekend, we got there Thursday evening and left Saturday at lunch but I crammed in everything I could while Gentleman Caller worked.  And I got to meet some of his wonderful friends from when he went to law school there.  It is so lovely to see him in his element!

Linking up with the wonderful Biana for weekending,  I was so happy I got to meet up with her in Boston for lunch while I was there.  She is just as sweet and beautiful in person as she is on her blog! Alright here we go!

I don't remember the name of this beer, I just felt this way about Boston! Take me back!
Boston's City Hall may be uglier than ours!
The Holocaust memorial was so stunning.  Really puts it into perspective when you see how many people were murdered. 
He who forgets will be destined to remember-Eddie Vedder
Thursday night we explored the Historic North End.  I loved all the brick and preserved buildings!

I had some delicious ravioli at Vinoteca di Monica
Waiting for a nutella Cannoli at Mike's Pastry.  Holy Cow it was good!
Friday while Gentleman Caller went to meet with clients, I had the day to myself to explore.  And explore I did!  I walked 10 miles!

I love how they intersperse the old historic buildings amongst the new construction.
I toured the Old South Meeting House on the Freedom Trail.
I loved the Old State House!
Beautifully restored!
I wanted to shop at the massive farmer's market and Boston Public Market
It was such a gorgeous day!
The State house with its real gold dome!
Posing on Acorn Street, a true cobblestone street!

Had a lovely lunch with this gorgeous lady!  So fun to meet bloggers while traveling!

I sat out at the Public Gardens and read and enjoyed the awesome fall weather.
I read both of these by the way.  Loved them both.
We met some of Gentleman Caller Law School friends for Happy Hour at Cornwall's

We then had a yummy dinner at the lovely Eastern Standard.  Bone Marrow appetizer!

Had to take a pic in front of the Citgo sign!
It was a very short trip but I feel like I crammed a good bit in for my first visit right?  I loved Boston and cannot wait to go back.  It was so wonderful meeting his law school friends and hear all the fun old stories.  And I loved getting to meet Biana!  Have you been to Boston?  What did I miss that I need to make sure I do next time?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments