Crockpot magic tricks (slow cooker Buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes)

I love my Crockpot.  I love buffalo chicken.  I love Sweet potatoes.  And now I love this excellent Crockpot hack from Carolina Charm!  I stumbled across her blog somehow and saw this recipe and knew I had to try it!  I am not Paleo or keto or anything like that so I made it really simple.  And it was simply delicious!  

All you do is roll up a bunch of foil to make a barrier in the middle of your crock and place a slow cooker liner on top (she has a video on her blog).  I have never used the liners before because I thought they were unnecessary, but I think I may be hooked now.  No mess to clean!  I made this for one, but I am going to tell you how to make it for four below.  This combination of spice and sweet is so good and I cannot wait to have it again.  And try more Crockpot hack meals!  Full recipe to follow the montage.

Sweet Potato, Buffalo Chicken and Ranch.  Holy Cow!
I used two really long pieces of foil.  I wish I would have kept it to reuse!  This is a business idea!
All snug in their cozy spots!
And then 7 hours later, voila! 
Easy peasy Crockpot Buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes

Tools:

Two long pieces of foil rolled up into a tube
Slow Cooker Liner

Ingredients:

Four medium sized sweet potatoes
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/4 cups buffalo sauce, divided
Ranch dressing for topping (I used Bolthouse Yogurt Ranch)

Place foil tube in center of slow cooker to make a divider.  Place slow cooker liner on top and smooth out to make two bays in slow cooker.  Place sweet potatoes on one side.  Season chicken with salt and  pepper and place on the other side.    Pour 3/4 cup buffalo sauce over chicken and swirl to coat both pieces.  Cover and set cooker on low for 7 hours.  When you get back to the slow cooker, remove chicken and pull apart with two forks.  Place back in slow cooker and add remaining 1/2 cup buffalo sauce.  Toss to coat.  Remove potatoes from slow cooker and split down the middle.  Top with a heaping spoonful of chicken and a drizzle of ranch.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments