Five For Friday-It is that time of year.

Hey y'all.  Happy Friday!  This has been a long week, I am sure even longer for y'all getting all that weather up north.  Cheers to the weekend!  Hope you have something planned that is fun or relaxing.  Linking up with Amanda for Friday favorites.  Here we go!

ONE:

Man life gets in the way sometimes.  It seems like every year the months of March and April get so crazy at work, with Hogs for the Cause, with Delta Gamma, things happening in my family etc. And I am right, check out this post from last year and this one from the year before!   The blog and my workouts suffer, which are my two favorite things behind date night (which thankfully has not suffered).  This year is no different.  I still don't have a car, our Hogs team lost our free smoker, I was appointed DG president again and I have a big work project that I was not expecting.  I can handle it, I just hate that some things have to suffer. The silver lining is riding to work every day with Gentleman Caller, we usually don't get to see each other every day.

TWO:

Speaking of date night and Gentleman Caller, we had an Austin date Tuesday night.  We went to whole Foods for the hotbar selections of our choice and a glass of wine.  Then we went to see Black Panther. Have you seen it?  I liked it, it was a great story and action packed.  I recently read Homegoing, and while this was a light hearted action film and that is a serious book everyone should read, I saw some parallels.  I will not spoil anything here.

THREE:

I got an Apple TV for my kitchen TV since I spend so much time in there.  I cannot remember any of my passwords to Netflix and HBO, but I know my Amazon one.  I have started binge watching Sex and the City from the beginning.  Ah memories of college.  I forgot how this show really explained a lot of things in life.  I wish I was listening back then!  Did you watch Sex and the City?

FOUR:

International Women's Day was yesterday.  I thank my lucky stars for all the wonderful strong beautiful women in my life, from friends, to coworkers, family and you wonderful readers.  I was so happy the New York Times has gone back and done obituaries for women who were overlooked over the years.  Fascinating reads about trailblazers and leaders in so many areas.

FIVE:

I cannot wait until I can report back about how this experiment in my Slow cooker goes!  Thank you to Carolina Charm for the inspiration!


What are you up to this weekend?  Hope it is a good one!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments