Five For Friday-Living the Carless life

Hi friends!  Happy Friday!  I am feeling funky since I have not been able to go to pure barre for almost two weeks due to my wreck and being without a car, wish me luck when I go for the first time in awhile today!  Linking up with Amanda for Friday Favorites.  Let's get into the weekend fast!

ONE:

I am sad to report that my beloved Hollygrove market is closing.  I have been going to it since it opened and was a fairly regular customer. Just look how many times I have mentioned it!   I hope they can figure out a way to reopen!

My last haul, I didn't know it would literally be my last!
TWO:

I am a big fan of what I call an "Austin date", we go to Whole Foods and grab stuff from the hot bar and a bottle of wine and eat at one of the outdoor tables.  I call it that because it was so frequent that I did that in Austin.  I love that this couple took that idea to the next level!

THREE:

Have you heard about Olive Garden's new odd pizza bowl?  Looks like something that seemed like a good idea, but executed it is a bit odd.  Maybe I am a purist about Chicago style pizza?

FOUR:

As I said in in the title of this post, I am still carless.  Thank goodness for Gentleman Caller, my mom, Lyft and Blue Bikes in this trying time!  I miss Pure Barre and my yoga mat! I have been discovering new routes to work and getting more cardio than usual so that is the silver lining!

FIVE:

I am heading to LA in two weeks to see my cousins and friends!  I have not been since I was 13, I am so excited!  Have you been lately?  What do I need to see/eat/do?  I have been having a serious travel itch and so excited to scratch it. 

There you have it.  I hope you have a fun weekend planned full of things and people you love.  I will be throwing a baby shower for my friend the Jambalaya Girl!  So happy for her.  What are your plans?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments