Recapping the Weekend-Ready for vacay

Hi friends!  Welcome to a new week!  Hope everyone survived the time change, weather and weekend.  I am so ready to head to LA Thursday.  Still don't have a car, and looks like I will be getting it back just as I fly out, of course!  Linking up with Biana for Weekending and the lovely ladies of Hello Monday.  Here we go!

On Friday a few coworkers and I walked to the French Quarter for lunch to take advantage of the beautiful weather.  We stopped in at the NOPSI Hotel to check out the event space.  Such a cool place!

I just love the exposed brick and industrial feel contrasting with the chandeliers!
Friday night I laid low and read a book.  I tried to read Small Admissions, but wasn't in the mood for something light.  I decided to start Mean Streak instead.  It is really good!  I hope to finish it today, I just love thrillers like that.

I tried!
 Saturday was a nice walk to the Rouses to get some stuff to practice for Hogs for the Cause.  I made some winners! Then we went to a dinner party at my friend Laura's house.  A true Mexican fiesta followed by wine and cigars for the men.  The food and company was so lovely!

Green chile chicken enchiladas

A lovely corn and black bean salad to accompany it.

I want a table this big one day!
Sunday was Delta Gamma Founders' Day at the beautiful Riverview Room atop the Marriott New Orleans.  The weather was gross so the view was not as pretty as we would have liked, but the sisterhood was amazing! I was installed as president of the alumnae chapter again, 2 more years! Such a lovely luncheon.

Me with the collegiate chapter president.  
It was a nice weekend that was much needed.  I did not catch up on blogging or exercise, but the me time and friend time was amazing.  Hope your weekend was exactly what you wanted!  What did you do?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments