Five for Friday-Celebration!

Hey y'all!  Happy Friday!  Linking up with Amanda for Friday favorites.  Here we go!

ONE:

It is my favorite week, it was 2 years of dating for gentleman Caller and I on Wednesday.  And then tomorrow is his birthday!  Was I a great early birthday present or what?

Our first picture together in 2016!
We are going to a nice dinner at the hard to get into Saba Saturday night.  And on Sunday we are having all of his favorite things: trivia, tacos, ice cream and karaoke!  I'm glad that I am back to only being one year older than him ;)

TWO:

There was so much good eating this week!  It is Tales of the Cocktail here in New Orleans and my lovely friend Jen invited us to go to a private dinner Tuesday. It was 5 courses each paired with a cocktail.  It was hard to get up the next morning!

Can't wait to go to Mexico with these ladies in November!
THREE

I get my not so exciting Nordstrom sale shipment today.  I had trouble getting on the site all day.  I made my order after many attempts but it felt glitchy.  The main things I wanted was a Gibson top and my highly lusted after booties.  I was so glad I snagged them.  Then TWO days later, I get an email that my order could not be processed because of an issue with my card.  I have had the same card for at least 10 months and  have ordered with it many times.  Apparently this whole time it had the wrong expiration date saved,  which never hampered an order before!

I call them, fix the date and they say all is good.  And then the same email comes.  They can't fix it this time and of course, the top and booties are sold out.  So now my shipment contains very boring black work pants and comfort work shoes.  Seriously, Nordstrom, I love you but your sale game needs to be upped! 

FOUR:

The Brady Bunch house is for sale!   Did anyone else grow up on reruns of that?  I wish I could take a look inside to see how it has changed! It even has its own Yelp page!

FIVE:

I stayed up way too late Wednesday night reading the entirety of The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand.  It was my first of her books and now I am hooked!  I have no plans tonight and I plan on reading another whole book, it feels so good to do summer reading!  What are you reading these days?

Well there you have it.  Should be lots of shenanigans this weekend with the birthday celebration!  Follow along on Instagram, my username is @missyquiggs

Hope you have a fantastic weekend splish splashing or sweating!  

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments