Recapping the weekend, or more like the first half of July!

Hi friends!  It has been awhile!  Going out of town for two weeks in a row; then catching up at work and at life makes the blog go bye bye.  Here is what I have been up to; I hope to be back to normal soon.

The last week of June I went to hot and lovely Phoenix for the Delta Gamma convention.  It was so fun!  Lots of sisterhood and empowerment in a beautiful setting at the Arizona Biltmore

I'm sad that it may be the last time I got to sit in that chair!
Two of my wonderful ladies from New Orleans won the convention contest!
See, we aren't all about drinking and being bitchy!
We got to check out the Phoenix Chapter's Tables that Bloom 
All the LSU DG alums surrounding the collegiate president with the Spirit of Service award!
I was so happy to get to Convention with my pledge sister, past president, and partner in crime!
Then I came home for literally a day and half of work and packing and unpacking before my annual family vacation.  Good lord it was a whirlwind!  This year was so special because my grandparents came!  They are 94 and 87!

I mean, how cute are they?
This isn't even all of us, I am not kidding when I say I have a large Irish Catholic family!
Then I came home and went straight to the regional finals of our Trivia League.  Gentleman Caller, me, and our other team partner invited two friends to help us. And guess what?  We came in 4th out of 43 teams!  We won $50 cash and $50 in gift cards!

Me and my toothless team members, lol!
Then I got rewarded for my hard work at Pure Barre and got officially inducted into the 750 club!

I'm so glad the shirts are better now!
This past weekend I had a sleepover with my oldest two nieces.  We made bracelets and gimp keychains, saw Hotel Transylvania 3, made Tiffany Blue colored slime, went out to dinner and had gourmet donuts for breakfast!

I love these two so much!

Before I had my weekend with them, I got an email from the New York Times entitled: "An Ode to Old Maids Everywhere."  This stood out to me as I am an "Old Maid."  It contained this lovely article.  The paragraphs where she describes her relationships grabbed me and made me tear up, that is so me.  I want to print this out and hand it to anyone that badgers me about why I am 39 and single without kids.  It is certainly not what I planned or wanted, but I'm fine, trust me.  But, I'm preaching to the choir, all y'all know that!

I think I have everything back under control now to be a good blogger and read y'alls blogs and be here most days.  I hope you are having an amazing summer! What did you get at the Nordstrom Sale?  I can't wait to get my shipment!  Have an amazing week!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments