A surprise party for the taste buds (Semi Mediterranean cous cous with harissa and artichokes)

I was making a clean out the fridge dinner one night for Gentleman Caller and me one night and I stumbled across some Israeli cous cous in my pantry.  As you know, I always have it on hand.  I decided to whip up a side with what I had in my house and it sounded like a weird combo.  Once we took a bite, we realized it was not.  It was an explosion in your mouth!

Israeli cous cous is not something most people have laying around all the time, but they should.  It absorbs flavor so well and it has great texture!  Plus it is filling and goes a long way.  Make this!  It is the perfect side or a great vegetarian lunch!  I don't have much of a post on this as I made it on the fly, but lucky for you, I went back and wrote it down!

It doesn't look like much, but it is really good!
 I know, I am prone to hyperbole, but this is really good cous cous!
The best Cous Cous Ever:

1 package Israeli cous cous
2 cups hot water
Juice of one lime
1 tsp. white wine vinegar
one squirt of honey
a couple shakes of hot sauce
1 tsp. harissa
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. olive oil
half an onion, chopped
1 small jar of artichokes, chopped
2 cups of spinach, chopped

Cook cous cous and hot water according to package directions in a saucepan.  Meanwhile, mix lime juice through garlic in a mason jar and shake well.  when cous cous is cooked, remove to a bowl.  Add the tsp. of olive oil to the cous cous pan and saute onion.  Add artichoke and spinach after 5 minutes.  Mix well and coat with hot onion, then pour over cous cous. Shake dressing again and then pour over cous cous.  Toss and serve.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments