Recapping the weekend- Hogs for the Cause and more!

Hi friends, it has been awhile!  I have had so much going on to distract me from missing my Ginger and it has been a blessing!  It was Hogs for the Cause this weekend and a few more things.  Here is a pic heavy recap!

So proud to be a part of this team!  We are still the only all female team and always hang with the guys at partying, raising money and smoking meat!



I put in an offer on a house down the street from me Thursday and waited with bated breath all day Friday to see if they would accept.  I was not looking for a house but this one found me and I thought it was serendipitous as that is how I got Ginger.  Unfortunately, they rejected my offer and it was not meant to be. I will be looking again once summer hits since I need to keep my Jazz Fest house until that is over!

On Friday, I attended a Delta Gamma luncheon.  It was to celebrate sisterhood, but also to surprise one of our oldest and most active members with the Loyalty Award.  It was so good to shock her!

She did not know it was her yet!
I hope to still be this beautiful and amazing in my 80's!
I love how this photo captured her joy!
I immediately ran over to UNO after that to join my team.  They had already turned in sauce and mayo, which I had to delegate. I was so glad I did in the end!

The best butt rubbing team!
I was there to turn in our bacon entry.  I also delegated that this year.  Our girl Sally made a delicious filling for bacon bowls.


We got everything set up and then went and partied at the Boar's Nest tent as usual.  I was right up in front of the stage to dance the night away to a fun band.  After that I was spent.  I checked on the smoker and settled in to my tent for a long night of meat smoking.

After short and interrupted sleep, I was relieved and went home to prep the day's entry for Porkpourri and Tabasco sandwich.

I finally made some good ribs!


Deviled pimento cheese open faced sandwiches. Made with homemade pickles and Tabasco.
Our porkpourri entry was pork meatloaf prepared like a tv dinner in this sleeve!

We raised over $15,000 in money as a team and the whole event made about 2 million dollars for families who have children with pediatric brain cancer!  It was time to celebrate!



Our team won first place for mayo out of 92!  So proud of us!
Bacon wrapped Korean potato salad.
It was exhausting as usual and just a dang good time doing it.  I am already ready for next year!  I spent Sunday in the tub, as deserved!

I hope you had a great weekend!  I plan on getting back to the swing of blogging if work ever calms down, which it doesn't look like it is doing.  Oh well!  Happy new week!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments