Recapping the weekend-Easter and Passover

Hello friends!  Happy Spring Break to some of you!  It was a weekend full of family, food and traditions.  Hope you had a good one!

On Friday we had our annual crawfish boil at my parents' house!  The new pool was a hit and so was my dad's crawfish!  He is really getting good at the boil!

Yum yum!
Saturday, I ran a bunch of errands and cooked a bunch. Then it was time for our first ever Passover Seder at my friend Jen's house, who is Jewish.  It was so inspiring to see the tradition and symbolism of it!  And there was plenty of wine and good food!

The table.  It was so full of meaning!
The manual for how to get it done!
Her namesake always makes Passover sangria so she did too.  It was sooo good!
I got the cattle disease plague.  The hand puppets were so fun!

Me and my type A engineer friend did straight lines with our plagues, everyone else was more abstract.

Brisket, carrots and potato keugle, yes please!
Flourless chocolate torte for dessert was truly divine!
I just love this group!
On Sunday I woke up with the most bizarre foot pain.  I think I have diagnosed myself with Peroneal tendonitis.  Meaning I need to rest, which is not in this gym rat's nature.  I skipped pure barre and went to yoga.  It was much needed!

After, we jaunted off to my Grandparents' house across the lake for a feast and Easter Egg Hunt for the kiddos.  It was a lovely day!

How silly are these little monkeys!?
It was a great long weekend and now I am ready for Jazz Fest!  It starts on Thursday.  I live right around the corner from it so it should be a great party!  

How was your weekend?  What traditions does your family have this time of year?  I was so good to see a new one!  See you tomorrow with food.

Happy Cooking!

Missy


No comments