Recapping the Weekend-Lots of friends and family!

Hi friends!  Happy Tuesday!  In one week it will be Mardi Gras Day!  The festivities started this weekend, but it really ramps up on Wednesday and goes the gamut till Mardi Gras day.  I am so happy Kevin will be here Wednesday to help make it more celebratory.  

I was not off yesterday, but as usual, my weekend was so fun I can't recap until Tuesday.  Linking up with Hello Monday a day late!  Here we go!


On Friday night, I had a night to myself with a Hawaiian corn tortilla pizza and a depressing movie.  I watched Heartburn about Nora Ephron's short marriage to Carl Bernstein.  Quite the opposite of a romantic Valentine's day, just how I like it!

This would have probably been better on actual pizza crust!
On Saturday, I was super productive.  First Pure Barre after the knee injury, Costco, picked up a cake for my dad, Whole Foods, cut my back yard and weeded the front.  This was all before lunch!  Afterwards,  I took my cutie Abby Rose to the matinee of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with my season pass to Broadway in New Orleans.  It was so good!  She was quite the companion.

She will be seven soon, which is my marker of how long it is since I moved home from Austin.
On Saturday night, we went to dinner for my daddy's 68th birthday.  We went to Brasa and had lots of lovely meat.  It was such a fun time with my fam!  We always have the best time together.

We got him just what he wanted...

Manly cologne!

I love my family!
On Sunday, it was the start of Baby Mardi Gras as I call it.  It is the best family outing time and we always do a fundraiser at Del Fuego for Hogs for the Cause.  I rode with my best gal Laura and her hubby and she made us a yummy spicy bloody Mary for the occasion.  

A true Mardi Gras cocktail in a Mardi Gras cup!
 We caught many throws, spent time with old friends and just had the best time!

I loved this tribute to the crazy Clemson mascot and our National Championship!

My high Chapelle school lunch table reunited!

My Sweet Swine ladies and me celebrating sweet Susana's birthday!
What a weekend!  It was productive and fun, just like I like them.  How was your weekend?  Did you love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as a chid?  I want to read it again!  Hope your Tuesday is terrific, and see you back with food tomorrow.  Follow my Mardi Gras shenanigans over on Instagram 

Happy Cooking!

Missy


No comments