Recapping the Weekend-Lots of New Orleans

Hi friends!  My computer has been eating my photos when I go to draft lately so I am always late on my recaps.  I had a fun weekend exploring New Orleans with my man and some friends.  Hope you had a great weekend!  Let's recap shall we? Linking up with the ladies of Hello Monday...on Tuesday.

Kevin got here on Friday and wanted crawfish.  We headed to Bevi Seafood for lunch and did just that.  They are so good with an Abita Strawberry!

The aftermath
We went and walked around the French Quarter after and spent a few hours with the fabulous jukebox at our old fave The Chart Room.  We had a nice time recapping old memories and making plans for some new ones.  After, we had a forgetful meal at Nonna Mia.  It is so close to my house but I have no idea how it is still open.  Bad service and mediocre food.

On Saturday we lingered over the New York Times and coffee at Fair Grinds.  Signs of Mardi Gras are everywhere!


Someone wanted crawfish again, so we walked along the bayou to the Wrong Iron for that and a heartbreaking LSU basketball loss.  

Remembered to get a before pic!
Miss Bitsy made the trek with us and was the most well behaved dog at the bar!
We came home to rest and then some of my friends came over so we could head to the Marigny for Krewe Du Vieux.  Unfortunately we were too late and only caught the tail end. We still had a nice time outside of Mimi's in the Marigny.

Find you a man that will wig out with you.  He was channelling his inner something with that Donald Trump wig.
Love my lovely lawyer ladies.
After, we went to Red's Chinese for a delightful meal.  I forgot my phone at home (shockingly) so no photos.  It was so good.

Sunday was a well deserved lazy day on the couch binging The Pharmacist on Netflix.  It was so good.  It is part true crime and party documentary on New Orleans and the Opioid crisis, right up my alley!

Before I dropped him off at the airport, we went to make up for the bad pizza of Friday night.  My coworker Dan was having a pizza pop up at Nola Brewery.  We went to support him and were impressed!

Got to love the little pepperonis!
Then it was off to the airport to say good bye for a little less than two weeks.  Missy recently had a post for dealing with the pace of military life.  I can tell you those rules apply to a long distance relationship as well.  I kept them in mind this weekend and it made for a successful weekend of being present and keeping an eye on the prize!

Well now I clearly need a juice cleanse, lol.  At least I have been killing the exercise...Second Sunday in a row I got one of these!



Well there you have it.  How was your weekend?  Had any crawfish yourself?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments