Low Carb and lovin' it (arugula artichoke ham wraps)

You know I am on the little to no carb lifestyle by now, I am sure.  If not, take a look around and you will see.  It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle and if you cheat, who cares, just return to being good the next meal.  Right before I wrote this post, I had dinner for my niece's birthday and had my meatballs over broccoli instead of pasta, but had oreo ice cream cake for dessert.  Did I beat myself up for that?  No way, it was delicious, worth every calorie and would never happen on the reg. And I skipped the pasta!  Her birthday was in March so you know this is an oldie but goodie!

I had pinned some ham wraps back in the Austin days when the low carb idea was a fad here and there and not a lifestyle.  It seemed great, roll up some yummy stuff in ham, my favorite deli meat, and enjoy!  I still had not tried it over two years later!

I was thinking of some easy lunches during a week when I had plans every night and not a lot of time to meal prep.  All my healthy eaters out there know that it takes a lot of work to eat healthy and a lot of planning ahead.  This was perfect for that week.  No cooking, just a little chopping and a lot of my favorite things!  I was feeling my version of "Mediterranean" and did marinated artichoke hearts, arugula and roma tomatoes.  I also had some leftover cheddar from another project so I threw that in. Try this with your favorite fillings and roll your own, it is so fun!  I popped it in the microwave for about 20 seconds to take the chill off and it was perfect! 

Not much to see here, just some of my favorite things!

Can I even call this cooking?  I don't think I can.
Throw on a handful of arugula, so peppery!
Add the tomatoes
Add the artichokes and get a little liquid in there.
And cheese, glorious cheese!
Wrap it up, I'll take it!
I wrapped mine tight in plastic wrap to keep it together.
Low carb ham wraps: (per wrap)

One slice of deli ham, sliced semi thin, but not very.
Toppings of choice: I used arugula, tomato, artichoke and cheese
Other ideas:
-lettuce, tomato, avocado and bacon
-frisee, fried egg and shallots
-spinach, strawberries, almonds and goat cheese.

Cut toppings into pieces and place on slice of ham.  Roll up and enjoy!

Happy Cooking-

Missy


No comments