Plated wins again (Roasted Rainbow Carrots And Burrata with Quinoa and Blood Orange salad)

My most viewed, shared and popular post is far and away my scathing review of Blue Apron.  What should be is my past reviews of Plated.  They are far and away my favorite of the mail order dinner programs.  But, as I have explained before, these services are not for me. One of my favorite things in the world to do is meal plan and grocery shop; the purpose of these services is to do that for you.  I love getting a box from Hollygrove Market and then figuring out what I am going to do with it.  And a few weekends ago I did just that and set out to figure out to do with blood oranges, rainbow carrots and what I thought was arugula but ended up being spinach.

I searched for a proper lunch with those items and could not find anything.  I searched my emails and all I got was an email asking me to order Plated again.  It contained a recipe for just what I was looking for.  I figured why not, they never disappointed me before!

This was so different and really yummy.  It is the perfect lunch, and can make a nice light dinner. Burrata is truly a delicacy and blood oranges are so delightful.  I swear mine are really those even though they don't look it!  Try this, and try Plated if you haven't and you are into the meal delivery thing.  Full recipe to follow.

Roasted Carrots and Burrata with Qunioa and blood oranges
Local and yummy food is the best!
Roasted Carrots and Burrata with Qunioa and blood oranges
This feels like more ingredients than usual but it is not.
Roasted Carrots and Burrata with Qunioa and blood oranges
This is what carrots are supposed to look like!
Roasted Carrots and Burrata with Qunioa and blood oranges
Season them up and roast them to make them even sweeter
Roasted Carrots and Burrata with Qunioa and blood oranges
Some very unbloody blood oranges!
Roasted Carrots and Burrata with Qunioa and blood oranges
How are you doing fancy cheese?

Roasted Carrots and Burrata with Qunioa and blood oranges
Plated and ready to serve!

Roasted Carrots And Burrata with Quinoa and Blood Orange (adapted from Plated)

1 pound rainbow carrots cut crosswise on a diagonal into 1/2 inch slices.
3 ounces spinach, washed and dried
2 blood oranges, peeled and cut into half inch rounds
3 tablespoons walnuts, roughly chopped
¼ teaspoon chili powder
⅔ cup quinoa
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 packet Dijon mustard
1¼ ounces maple syrup, divided
4 ounces burrata cheese

Preheat oven to 425°F. On a foil-lined baking sheet, toss carrots with chili powder, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and teaspoon salt and pepper as desired. Arrange cut-side down in a single layer and roast for 16-18 minutes. While carrots roast, in a small pot, combine quinoa, 1 and1/2 cups water, and a quarter teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer until water is evaporated and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove pot from heat and set aside, still covered. While quinoa cooks, in a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, mustard, and 1 teaspoon maple syrup. Whisking continuously, slowly add 3 tablespoons olive oil until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Set aside 2 tablespoons vinaigrette in a small bowl for serving. Add spinach and walnuts to large bowl with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Add quinoa to bowl and stir to slightly wilt arugula. Once carrots are roasted, drizzle over 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup, and toss to coat. Divide spinach and quinoa between serving bowls and layer roasted carrots and blood oranges on top. Remove burrata from container, and tear into bite-size pieces and dot over salad. Drizzle reserved vinaigrette over everything.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments