Recapping Life Lately-Jazzfest and a Blogger meet up!

Hi y'all!  I have been totally MIA lately because of Jazz Fest.  I live two blocks away and my house is a bit of a party spot so I have been a busy hostess.  I was so happy to have my cousins in from Ohio and Baton Rouge staying with me the first weekend and then Kerri in town for the fest and her amazing friends Dawn, Julie and David the second weekend!

It was so much good food, music, weather and people.  I feel so lucky to have so many people in my life to share the fest with.  Here is a pic heavy recap, most of which is from Kerri's phone, she's the best selfie taker!

The whole crew in My Shitty Kitchen.  I am surprised we all fit!
The first weekend I hosted Meghan, Brielle and Ashley.  Meghan and Brielle got there first.  Brielle had never been to the quarter, so we had to do it.

We rented blue bikes to reduce our carbon footprint

Beers on Bourbon Street is a must!
 Friday we fested to see Sturgill Simpson among others.  It was a gorgeous day!

The two first timers in our matching shirts.

It was quite crowded for Sturgill, he was great!
Saturday we welcomed Ashley in from Baton Rouge, my parents and Gentleman caller to the fest group.

Cousins!!

I did not eat enough fest food.  This is a popular trio!

Big Freedia and her dancers were amazing!


Family pic!!

Framily pic with Gentleman Caller and my pal Melissa for Jack Johnson!

Sunday my cousins left so Gentleman Caller and I met his friends for a crawfish boil.
Thursday my friend Laura and I stopped in for locals Thursday after work.
Old Crow Medicine Show was amazing!
Friday I finally got to meet Kerri and her friends! They met at my house and we walked over.  


I took them immediately to see the New Orleans Bounce Music of my youth.

Kerri, Dawn and I celebrating New Orleans' tricentennial in the Mayor's Tent. 

We saw the fabulous Soul Rebels.

And then we saw Beck!  He was so good!

The krewe for the day

Blogger friends!  I knew I would love Kerri!!
 Saturday my friends with kids came by for Cinco de Mayo.  My friend's husband made some delightful queso.

Met up with my work bestie Anita to skip Aerosmith and enjoy the fais do do stage
 Sunday we fested again and saw Jack White and Steve Miller Band.  Both were awesome, but not as awesome as this umbrella sharing duo!


Blogger boyfriends are fun too!
It was a whirlwind and hard to get back to an altered reality as I have a slew of new bosses with new expectations.  I love Jazz Fest and my people.  And meeting my third blogger friend in real life!  Not to mention her fun friends. I miss them already!

Hope you have a good week!  Back to food tomorrow!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments