One pan, low carb and cheesy (Cheesy Cauliflower beef casserole)

I have a ton of Daisy Sour Cream leftover from Hogs for the Cause. I have been trying to create recipes with it so it does not go to waste (as if you haven't been able to tell!)  I made an amazing cake; and now I have a scrumptious low carb dish for you!  Oh and it is one pan and so easy clean up too, everyone wins!

I really like the spicy tomato sauce in here but this would be good with regular tomato sauce if you are not a spice person or can't find spicy tomato sauce (it's on the Hispanic foods aisle).  A can of Rotel would be a nice substitute too since this dish  has a very soft texture.

I made this up myself but it is loosely based on this recipe.  Follow that one to add more things, but I promise this way is just fine!  Who doesn't love a beefy cheesy casserole?  Full recipe to follow the montage. 

So good and cheesy!  Man some egg noodles would be good in here too!
The cast,  I made mt own cauliflower rice because I am cheap and a food blogger.
Brown up your meat and add some onions to the party.
Once the onions are cooked, add your rice
Add the sauce and the sour cream to make it nice and mushy!
I am team cilantro, leave it out if you are not!
Add some cheese and garnish it with green onions.
Throw it in the oven for a bit and yell, dinner!


Cheesy Cauliflower Beef Casserole

1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 an onion, chopped
12oz cauliflower rice
7 oz can of tomato sauce (spicy on the mexican aisle if you can find it)
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp, cilantro, chopped
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sliced green onions

Preheat oven to 350.  In a large skillet or pot, cook the ground beef over medium high heat until browned, 7-10 minutes. Add onion and cook until wilted, about 7 minutes.  Add cauliflower rice and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring well.  Stir in sour cream and tomato sauce, salt and pepper and cilantro. Top with cheese and green onions.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, placing under broiler a few minutes if desired.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

Linking up with Meal Plan Monday and Tasty Tuesdays.

No comments