Friday Favorites-Christmas Recap

Hi friends!  Happy Friday!  I have been at work this week and it has been so productive since hardly anyone was there! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas if you celebrate such things and had a good time with people you love!  I had a jam packed few weeks and here is a recap.  I love looking back on all the memories on the blog!


Just before Christmas, Book Club had our White Elephant gift exchange and discussion of An American Marriage.  It was a great night!  I ended up with a beautiful bracelet in the gift exchange.  The spay day in a box and a caboodle were the most sought after gifts!

Love these smart bad ass ladies!
Then we had our annual Pink Poinsettia lunch at Brennans with my Delta Gamma girls.  The food was amazing as usual, as was the half off Veuve Clicot Rose!

I'm so glad I'm an LSU DG!
Some of us stayed out later to enjoy the sights of the French Quarter
On Christmas eve I had brunch with my three best friends from high school.  We started this tradition a few years ago and it is so delightful.  We don't get to see each other as much as we like!

My friend Lindsay gave us these amazing shot glasses! 

These straw toppers were hysterical!
I made us a delightful brunch, we had mimosas and the hostess' dad composed a poem about us on the fly! We had lots of laughs and finalized the plans for our spa weekend to celebrate all of our 40th birthdays that are upcoming!

French Onion Quiche (recipe coming) and Gentleman Caller's favorite salad!
Can you believe we are going to be 40?!  Friends since 1993!
Then that evening we gathered as a family to open gifts and celebrate.  I was aunt of the year, I gave oldest niece a gigantic makeup sampler from Sephora, the nephew Madden 2019 and everyone's favorite for my Ally Cat, a Ziggle!

Photo cred Gentleman Caller.  He's stuck taking the photos till he puts a ring on it, lol!

We do clean up nice!

It was fun times and now I am heading to Mississippi with Gentleman Caller and his kids to celebrate New Years and relax.  What are your New Year's Plans?  I will be back when we get back with some yummy food, after I detox with my annual salad!

Happy Cooking! (and New Year!)

Missy 

No comments