The stomach stretch begins (The Best Thanksgiving Side Dishes)

Hey friends!  I cannot believe Thanksgiving is next week! I am not quite sure what I am making yet because I don't know what will be in my Covey Rise Box yet, but here is some inspiration for me and you to get cooking!

My all time fave, and what I am hoping to make, is my family's sweet potato casserole recipe.  The crunchy topping just makes it!  I have been to a lot of places for thanksgiving over the years and it is always a crowd pleaser!



Another old favorite is Spinach Madeline.  My mom makes it gluten free with almond flour now and it is just divine!



This twice baked cabbage casserole is a low carb lover's dream!  All the fun stuff of a twice baked potato casserole with a ton less calories and carbs!



This mac and cheese is what I always make for Christmas day, but it certainly deserves a spot on the Thanksgiving table! It is so creamy and cheesy and the kids love it!



If you are keeping your options open to exotic flavors, these carrots of insane greatness need to be on your thanksgiving table!


Another twisty take on an old favorite are these citrus buttered green beans.  Hmm, this sounds like it will be getting made if I get green beans!



I am not much of a dessert person or baker, although I made pecan pie for the first time last year and nailed it!  But I think I need to bring this chocolate bundt cake with salted caramel glaze back this year since I won't be spending Thanksgiving with my mom.


I hope this post inspired you for Turkey day or just made you hungry, hee hee!  I have my office Thanksgiving lunch tomorrow so I needed this.  What are you making for Thanksgiving?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments