Recapping the weekend and looking ahead (Nov. 30-Dec. 5)

Hello and salutations!  I cannot believe it is December already this week and I am wearing shorts as I type this! It was a nice long weekend filled with food, family, football, cleaning, pampering and little to no shopping!  I was going to do a separate post on all my leftover creations, but we were big eaters this year and I only left with some ham. I, of course, repurposed. I made three yummy lunches!

Ham, muenster, spicy mustard and green apple grilled cheese 
(Yes there's a little German heritage in my family!)


Hawaiian pizza on corn tortilla with banana peppers in lieu of bell.

Chopped chef salad.  Holy cow this was good.  

Chopped Chef Salad (serves one and a half)
two handfuls of spring mix, chopped
one carrot, chopped
three radishes, chopped
one large piece of leftover ham, chopped
6 cherub tomatoes, chopped
1/4 of an avocado, chopped
One hardboiled egg, chopped
handful of cheddar cheese
1/2 packet of ranch dressing mix
one small single container of non-fat Greek yogurt

Mix all ingredients through ranch mix in a bowl.  Mix yogurt and ranch mix in a smaller bowl.  Add two tablespoons of ranch mix to salad and mix well.  Enjoy!

I had to resort to drinking (well more drinking) to sleep at night with this terrible cold!  I made some adult cough medicine from the Kitchn.  I finally slept through the night for the first time in 2 weeks!

So delicious.  My dad was a little concerned that I was drinking bourbon now,
as if it is a "man's drink"  Whatever!
All it is is 1/4 cup bourbon, the juice of half a lemon and 1/4 cup water.  Heat in a saucepan for like 20 seconds.  Add about a tablespoon of honey and whisk until smooth.  Drink warm and sleep well.  I may have had two last night, but I also had to watch an LSU game and that debacle of a press conference beforehand!

Today I had a cooking subcommittee meeting for Sweet Swine of Mine at My Shitty Kitchen.  I can tell you what we are NOT making for porkpourri!

Springrolls!  
It was so fun to try out different flavor combos!  Our favorite was pork, strawberry, avocado, cabbage, mint, cilantro and radish.  With peanut dipping sauce: 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup hoisin sauce, 1 tsp rice wine vinegar, 2 minced cloves of garlic and a little hot water whisked together.

This week on the blog there's some chicken, more chicken and whatever else I come up with. I am also taking my 250th Pure Barre class!  How time flies while you are readjusting!  Need to detox diet and exercise wise after all the extra calories!  How was y'all's long weekend?  How do my tiger fans feel about Les Miles?  What are your leftover creations?  Hit me up in the comments or on Facebook or Instagram and let me know!

Happy Sunday!

Missy


No comments