An excuse to blog at my team's expense (Impromptu weird brownies)

My immediate boss is on maternity leave.  One of my coworkers is doing a bang up job of trying to do both her and the boss's job and keep up our weekly team meeting.  We have made it a less often occurrence and are now holding it biweekly as she has a lot going on.  Morale has been kind of low so I decided to cheer everyone up and make impromptu brownies for our Tuesday team meeting.  I could never top the crack that was milky way cheesecake brownies for when my boss went on maternity leave, regular old brownies would be better than nothing!  Unfortunately (?) for the office, my 9x9 baking dish still contained eggplant parm in the community fridge, so I had to make a double batch to fit my big pan.  I ran out of oil so I used half olive oil and I was feeling daring so I swirled in some cookie butter.  The result?  They were inhaled and everyone wanted to know why they were so good!  It's like everything I touch besides men turns to gold ;)  Full recipe after the montage!

This is technically the ingredients for one batch but you can only tell from the amount of eggs. I didn't realize the pan was at work until after I started working, as usual!
The dry ingredients
Wee, whirl, spin me right round baby right round!
I won't even get into how many eggshell pieces I had to fish out!
So custardy!  If it didn't know it had 6 raw eggs (and possibly some eggshell) in it
I would lap it up with a spoon!
Yummy! Again raw eggs did their job to stop me!
Finished product! They look weird and have weird stuff in them but they tasted great!
Impromptu Weird Brownies (Borrowed from Life, Love and Sugar)

Yield: 24-32 brownies
Ingredients
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup olive oil
3 cups sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup + 5 tbsp cocoa
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a rectangular baking pan, or line it with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the oils, sugar and vanilla extract.
3. Add eggs and mix until well combined.
4. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
5. Slowly add to the egg mixture until well combined.
6. Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out still a bit runny but looking cooked.

I undercooked a little and it was a great idea.  I left out the cookie butter in the ingredients because it wasn't an exact science, but you can just put a few dollups and swirl it in with a butter knife.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments