Brown Nosing at its best (Milky Way cheesecake brownies)

The title of this post is what the guys on my kickball team called my skipping out on the flip cup championship Monday to go home and bake my boss a cake.  Honestly I would have skipped for less of an obligation.  Is it possible to be too old for flip cup?  I think I am, or at the very least on a Monday night I am!  Anyway, my boss is going on maternity leave to have her third (poor woman) son.  We had a surprise shindig for her and I made dessert.  She said her two favorite desserts of the moment were brownies and cheesecake.  I decided to make everyone's day and combine the two.  I have made this recipe before.  My dad said it was the best thing he had tasted in awhile. He's probably biased, but it is damn delicious!  It is really good hot or cold, but not really in between.

At least there's no milk?!  This is sure to cause diabetes!
Melt butter in microwave...remember you don't have a microwave and heat in saucepan.
Mix butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixer
Add in cocoa to make this your brownie layer.
Save a cup of it for later
Now for the cheesecake.  Top is less fat, bottom is full fat.  Do you see a color difference?
 My shadow doesn't help!
Made the cheesecake part with my hand mixer as I only wanted to clean each component once.
Which only saves front end time.
I wanted to eat this with a spoon.  Good thing it had raw eggs in it and I refrained!
layer cheesecake on top of brownies (brownie picture missing because I used my phone so
I could talk shit with my friends that were making my pizza dough recipe)

Add the chopped milky way and the reserved brownie batter in dollops
stir it all up with a knife and make it look like the grossest thing you've ever wanted to eat
Was not ready at the 35 minute mark as I expected.  My shitty apartment grade easy bake oven is always off
After 55 minutes it was just right!
Milky Way Cheesecake Brownies (Borrowed from Domestic Superhero)

Ingredients:
Brownie Layer
2 sticks butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
4 large eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Cheesecake Layer
2 packs of cream cheese, softened (I used one reduced fat and one full fat)
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
I bag Milky Way Bites, chopped

Instructions:
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Brownie Layer:
In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer combine melted butter with sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add the cocoa and mix well. Then add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined.  Set aside one cup of the brownie batter and smooth the rest into a foil lined 9×13 baking dish.

Cheesecake layer:
With your stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.  Add the vanilla and then the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.  Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie mixture and using a spatula, smooth it evenly over the brownie batter.  Sprinkle the chopped Milky Way evenly over cream cheese layer. Using the reserved cup of brownie batter, drop spoonfuls over the top of the candy bar layer, scattering around.  Use your spatula or a butter knife to gently swirl the batters. This will combine the cream cheese layer and top brownies layer a bit, which covering the candies in batter. This does not need to be perfect.  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes up to 55 minutes until a toothpick or skewer comes out with barely or no batter. Serve hot, or allow to completely cool on a baking rack and refrigerate.


We served it cold and everyone was happy.  This is a special treat for a special occasion for sure, so delish!


Linking this up with Meal Plan Monday with Southern Plate and Southern Bite!


Happy Cooking!


Missy

No comments