Yet another cauliflower substitution! (cauliflower tabbouleh and Greek spiced chicken)

I was looking for something light and healthy before kickball so I wouldn't feel sick.  I was craving some Americanized Greek food and missing Tino's in Austin, especially since my trip to Austin this weekend is cancelled.  Tabbouleh and Greek spiced chicken to the rescue!  If you don't have Cavendar's Greek seasoning in your spice rack you now know what is missing in your life.  They sell it at my grocery store but if you can't find it, good ole Amazon, as usual, has everything. This garlic dressing is awesome and I like to add it to everything.  Again I found this at my grocery store but you can also order online here   Recipe after the step by step. Linking up with the fine folks at Meal Plan Monday! 

Clockwise from bottom left, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, greek seasoning, lemons, green onion, garlic dressing (optional) cauliflower and parsley.
Put your cauliflower in your food processor (I used my Ninja)
And blend until it is the consistency of rice.
Chop your veggies.  Notice what's missing? One of my least favorite foods, cucumber!
All mixed!  Ready to chill.
Season your chicken
rock it out on a grill pan
Yum!  Even better with a drizzle of the garlic dressing!
Cauliflower Tabbouleh: (serves 4)

Half a head of cauliflower
One bundle of green onions chopped
one bundle of parsley chopped
half a bundle of cilantro chopped
half a pint of cherry tomatoes quartered
juice of two lemons
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Mix cauliflower in a mixer until is resembles rice. Mix all ingredients in a lidded container. Refrigerate for a half hour before serving.

Happy cooking!
Missy

No comments