When life hands you the wrong noodles (Impromptu weeknight lasagna made with leftover meatloaf)

So I am a serious plan ahead kind of girl if you didn't know or can't tell.  I found a recipe for some low carb slow cooker meatloaf and had a plan.  I wanted to make it and recreate it into two other meals.  My plan was the patty melt you will see eventually and these lasagne roll ups.  I went to make them and realized I bought no cook lasagne noodles accidentally.  There was no way I could boil them to make them soft so I needed to improvise.  Luckily, we had been practicing for Hogs for the Cause recently and I had some leftover ricotta in my fridge.  I also had a bunch of herbs I could chop up.  What resulted was the fastest lassagne you will ever see made.  It literally took all of a half hour. If you ever have leftover ground meat of some sort, this is your jam.  I have half the pack of noodles left and may have to cook up buffalo chicken lasagne with it for old times sake!  Full recipe after the montage!

The cast.  I wish I would have left out the rosemary it was hella strong.  

Mix your herbs and ricotta
Layer some sauce like you are making enchiladas.
Place your noodles on the sauce.  
Spread ricotta over the noodles.
Add half your crumbled meat

I think I should have mixed the sauce and meatloaf first but it still came out okay
Repeat.
After your last layer, throw on some yummy cheese.  Bake and then pop under the broiler.
So delicious, so easy and so cheat day worthy!
Impromptu Lasagne:

2 cups spaghetti sauce
4 no boil wide lasagne noodles
half container of ricotta cheese
Chopped herbs (parsley is best)
Leftover meat (about a half pound) chopped
large handful of mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix the herbs and ricotta cheese together.  In a 8x8 or 9x9 pan, place a bit of spaghetti sauce on the bottom just to cover. Place two noodles on top.  Spread half the ricotta mixture over it.  Sprinkle meat over and cover with half the sauce. Sprinkle with half the parmesan cheese. Repeat with noodles, ricotta, meat and sauce and then sprinkle with rest of parmesan and mozzarella. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes and then place under the broiler for a few minutes to brown up the cheese. Serve and wonder how this happened so quick!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments