Need I say more? (Garlicky spicy roasted broccoli)

I love my emails from the Kitchn.  They always have a yummy dish, a great kitchen tip or a fabulous kitchen to share.  I got an email from them recently sharing a week of hearty dinners from the freezer. This was right up my alley as I was purging and moving! I saw this recipe for Garlicky Roasted Broccoli and it was calling my name.  I love garlic.  And I love roasted broccoli.  I had to make it!

This was simply delicious.  So easy too.  Perfect alongside any protein.  Also this would be great with other roasted veggies and some white beans for a vegetarian meal!  I served it with a simple grilled chicken breast and I wanted more!  Make this some time, you will not regret it! Full recipe to follow the montage! And welcome back to the old house and worse lighting.

This is a weird photo, but in a good way.  
The simple cast.  And I got to use the end of the rice vinegar! Purge on! 
Chop up your broccoli.  Sing that song if you are old enough.

Make garlic into sauce.  This is amazing!
I mean really amazing!  I want to drink this!
Pour it on the broccoli and stir it up.
Throw it in the oven on a parchment covered baking dish and wait.
Or continue to pack.  I found this gem I had forgotten about!  I made this in Austin with my Friday night crafting group!
And serve, so delicious and nutritious!


Garlicky Roasted Broccoli

Serves 4

1 pound broccoli
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
6 cloves garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon salt
1-2 dashes of Red pepper flakes

Heat the oven to 450°F. Cut the broccoli into bite-sized florets, and slice the stems into diagonal bite-sized pieces.  Blend the olive oil, rice vinegar, garlic, and salt in a small food processor until thick and creamy and add red pepper flakes. Toss with the broccoli and spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Roast for 12 to 15 minutes or until broccoli is tender and the edges are singed.

Happy Cooking!

Missy




No comments