I tried it again to make sure I still liked it! (Plated Meal: Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Hash)

I decided to try Plated again since one of my friends sent me a coupon to get it at a discount.  I really enjoyed it the last time I made it and I wanted to see if it would hold up to the last experience.  I was also out of town for a long weekend and didn't have time to grocery shop, so it was a a win win.

I chose this recipe because it had one of my favorite things in it, Brussels Sprouts!  It also sounded very delicious.  And it was.  What I like best about Plated is that there are very few processed ingredients and it is mostly produce and protein.  And the directions are very easy to follow.  There are less fancy prep steps than the other services I have tried.  And by the way, I was not compensated in any way and that is my own opinion.  I just really like Plated, even if I am not their target market!

I will make this again, but cut down on the herbs, they were too much! I would have cut the herbs de provence in half and left out the sage.  I am a keep it simple stupid kind of person.  You should recreate this with those changes.  I had this for dinner and leftovers for lunch, it did not disappoint.  Full recipe to follow the montage.

What a pretty plate! A parade of flavors!
It is nice to have all your ingredients all measured out for you!
Pretty multicolored potatoes!  I love the purple ones so much!
Boil them for a minute to get them ready for hashing.
Meanwhile slice your shallots and sage.  You'd have to do your own sprouts here too if you weren't using Plated.  My hands thanked them!
That is just way too much seasoning.  But who cares?  Boneless, skin on breasts?  Yes please!

Get a good sear.  So yummy!
I was determined to make this a one pan meal.  So I cooked in shifts.
Add the potatoes and brussels and stir them up good.
And then you have hash!  Looks so good!
Even better after it is plated!
Roasted Chicken with Brussels Sprouts Hash (recipe from Plated)

10 ounces fingerling potatoes
1 shallot
⅛ ounce sage
2 boneless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
2 packets butter, divided 
2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts 
½ tablespoon whole-grain mustard 


Rinse potatoes and quarter. Place in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Season generously with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until tender when pierced with a knife tip, about 6 minutes. Drain and set aside. 

While potatoes boil, peel shallot, halve, and thinly slice. Roughly chop sage leaves, discarding stems. Pat chicken dry with paper towel.  Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Season chicken all over with herbes de Provence, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper as desired. When oil is shimmering, add chicken skin-side down and sear until skin is crisp, 5-6 minutes. Flip and cook until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add 1 packet butter to pan, spooning over chicken, 1 minute more. Transfer chicken to 2 plates and cover with foil. 

While chicken cooks, heat remaining butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. When butter is foamy, add sugar and shallot and cook, stirring, until caramelized and tender, about 5 minutes. Increase heat under pan with shallot to medium high. Add Brussels sprouts and potatoes. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper as desired. Sauté, stirring, until Brussels sprouts are crisping and potatoes are browning, about 5 minutes. Stir in sage and sauté until softening, about 1 minute more. Remove pan from heat, then stir in mustard. Taste and add more salt and pepper as desired.  Serve Brussels sprout home fries with pan-roasted chicken. Spoon over any remaining sauce from either pan, and enjoy your cozy dinner!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

Linking up with Meal Plan Monday and Tasty Tuesdays

No comments