Recapping the weekend, hello October!

Cheers, my gentle readers!  October is upon us and with that brings awesome weather but also brings my allergies out in full effect.  I had to leave after the Friday lunch below to go get a steroid shot.  I could not breathe at all and was so sick.  Vegged out Friday night and took medicine and felt well enough to still have a great weekend.  Let's recap!

Friday we went to Casa Borrega for my friend Monica's birthday.  We sat outside it was so nice!  I got the tinga and carne asada tostadas.  
The owner serenaded her for her birthday and brought out the chef's special treat.
It was so good, Monica was nice enough to share with us.

Saturday, my work besties and I decided to take advantage of the beautiful day and head to the Tchoup Yard for some Saturday Funday.  It was Art for Art's sake so we decided to walk so we could take that in on the way home.
We had to try the bushwackers.  They were not as good as the Florabama.
The people next to us had a unicorn party!

We walked home and saw some great new stores on Magazine Street.  I had to hurry and get home to get ready for a night out with some great ladies at the Pontchartrain Hotel for drinks and dinner at the acclaimed Caribbean Room.
Headed up to the top for a cocktail at the Hot Tin Bar.
Just a gorgeous view!
I just love these ladies... and the pic of Lil Wayne!
I just love the decor!
Dinner was delightful, I will have a recap of that coming for my restaurant reviews tab soon.  We closed down the piano bar after!  There were lots of birthdays in the house and LSU won big so everyone was in a great mood!

Sunday I had a baby shower for our long time family friend.  She was also a Delta Gamma and the theme was nautical so I had to wear my anchor dress!

The decorations were so cute!
Loved the favors!

My sister and I braved Trader Joe's after and picked up some great stuff.  It just opened a few weeks ago and the line was wrapped along the perimeter of the store.  I got some old faves: the Cilantro Chicken Wontons, coffee, truffled marcona almonds, olive oil and caramelized onion cheese.  I got some carne asada too that I cannot wait to try soon!  What are your favorite TJ's products?

Hope you all had a great weekend! 

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments