Restaurant Review - The Caribbean room by John Besh

My "email" friends and I have all been friends with various members of our group for varying amounts of time.  I call them my email friends because we have a daily email that has been going for 10 years wherein we share snippets of our lives, funny stories, work drama and anything else on our mind.  We have been through breakups, babies. moves to new towns and back, parents having scary surgeries, horrible Tinder stories, you name it.  I cherish this group so much and am so lucky to have these ladies in my life.  

Back when we were younger we used to go out drinking on school nights, go on beach trips and have a fabulous event called "Faux Thanksgiving." Now life gets in the way and we don't see each other as much, but we always try to schedule some face time here and there.  One such time was two weekends ago when we visited the Pontchartrain Hotel for an evening of cocktails and dinner at the Caribbean Room..  This old gem was reopened recently after being closed since 1994.  We were so excited to try it!  

They gave me a dark napkin since I was wearing a dark dress, such fancy service!
I loved the old school looking menu!
We had an amuse bouche from the chef.  That is tomatoes, not tuna.  I was hoping it was tuna!
Crab Remick.  Very good, and served in a seashell, how appropriate for the theme!
Crispy Oysters with bacon jam, blue cheese, jalapeno sriracha.  So good!
Caramelized Goat Cheese Agnolotti with baby lima beans and herb broth.  This was probably my favorite thing!  
I just love the fancy silverware!
I got the Rabbit and Dumplings with parsnips, rutabaga and lemon gnocchi.  That broth! God lawd it was delicious, must have been cooking it all day!  Most of the table got this too.  The other hit entree was the filet of beef.  All raved!

We all split the mile high pie for dessert.  We were sure it would be enough for all of us.  It was. I love my friends' faces!

The chocolate poured table side was just the right touch!
So lucky to have these great ladies in my life.  10 years and counting! 
This was such a fancy dining experience and I am glad I got to try it.  I think they still have a few kinks to work out with their service, but the food as a whole was good.  I don't usually go out and have over $100 worth of fun on just myself so not sure I will be back unless it is a special occasion of sorts.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments