Friday Favorites-The rest period is over

Hey y'all!  Happy Friday!   I had two low key weekends to start the year off and it has been crazy ever since!  I have a packed weekend ahead.  Linking up with Amanda for Friday favorites.

Yesterday I had big plans to cram an appointment, make and eat a quick vegetarian lunch I had pre-prepped in pieces so I could photograph it in natural light while the dog was in the back yard pooping and grab my gym bag at lunch so I could work out after work before book club.  You know what happened?  The appointment, Wendy's in the car while driving and no work out.  I would usually give myself a hard time about this, but can I control traffic, the person at my appointment being new and taking too long and catching the train?  Nope.  Sometimes you can try to control what is controllable all you want but the uncontrollables take charge.  You just have to let it go when that happens!


My parents are moving into their new house today!  I cannot wait to see the finished product!I am going to help organize their kitchen tonight.

Before that I am going to speak at Career Day at my high school Alma Mater!  It is an all girls Catholic school so I cannot wait to inspire some great little ladies to go into a career of law or public service!  

My team has our charity garage sale tomorrow morning.  Then I have lunch with a friend that is in town.  Then I am watching my niece and nephew overnight.  Then I am hosting book club Sunday.  See why I tried to cram so much in yesterday?

Do you have a sample hoarding problem? I used to!  I brought some to our annual clothing swap like #3 in the article suggests.  I also did a version of #5.  I put them out on display so I will see them and use them!  Samples serve a great purpose, trying new products, but man they can add up!

Well there you have it.  Wish me luck on my busy weekend and I wish you luck for what you have planned.  Which, by the way...what do you have planned?

Happy Cooking! 

Missy

No comments