Marie Kondo induced Marinade (Citrus tequila Marinaded Sirloin Cooked Sous Vide)

I was doing some purging and organizing like most people tend to do at the beginning of the year and this post is a result of one of my projects.  I still subscribe to paper magazines and love the grocery magazine that Rouses publishes. I always rip things out to inspire me.  These usually get put up on my fridge to remind me to make them.  Unfortunately there are a lot of recipes hanging on my fridge that I have not made yet. I was channeling my inner Marie Kondo and realizing that the recipes hanging on the fridge were not only not sparking joy, they were causing guilt.

I had ripped out this yummy marinade recipe from the Rouses magazine ages ago and wanted to try it.  It was in my "outbox pile" of recipes I either needed to pin and make or recycle. I am doing that as a part of my continued decluttering.  This one was not available on pinterest, so make it and blog it was the only option!  I was so happy to make this one and get it off my fridge!  

This smells so good and was a good marinade but I think it is more suited for flank steak or chicken. Gentleman Caller loved it, but I am my own biggest critic and instantly wanted flank steak.  I will be reusing this for chicken.  That would make an excellent taco!  The latent heat and citrus really comes through.  Make this, you will love it!  I also used my sous vide here so there is a bonus element!  Full Recipe to follow the montage.

Citrus tequila Marinade
This actually could be a pretty good drink, hee hee!
Citrus tequila Marinade
Look how fresh and inviting this is!
Citrus tequila Marinade
Whole Foods had these babies on sale, I could not resist!
Citrus tequila Marinade
With a vacuum sealer you can just marinade it in the cooking vessel!
Citrus tequila Marinade
Cooked to the perfect temperature!
Citrus tequila Marinade
And then reverse sear on the cast iron, so good!

Citrus Tequila Marinade
Makes about 2 cups of marinade

4-6 tablespoons hot sauce of your choice (I used habanero and serrano)
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
zest of 1 lime
juice of two limes
zest of 1/2 orange
juice of 2 small oranges
juice of 1/2 lemon
3/4 cup tequila
1/2 cup brown sugar

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.  Pour as much as you need over your steak and save the rest in the fridge for up to a week.  Marinate at least 4 hours.  Set your sous vide to 129º.  Place meat in a vacuum seal bag and cook for 1 hour.  Remove steak from marinade and pat dry.  Heat a cast iron skillet on medium high heat and add a bit of oil.  When hot, sear steak in each side for 1 minute.  Enjoy!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments