Recapping the Weekend-Rest and recovery

Hey y'all!  Happy Monday.  Hope you had a good weekend!  I needed a restful one after Mardi Gras and I certainly got it.  Linking up with Biana for Weekending and Lindsay, et al for Hello Monday.  Here we go!

On Friday I went to Pure Barre after work, walked the pup, make a corn tortilla pizza and took a hot epsom salt bath.  I caught up on some podcasts and relaxed.  Just what the doctor ordered!

Saturday I went to Pure Barre again and ran errands.  I got three dresses at TJ Maxx, a frame at Michael's, went to Trader Joe's, and got my poor neglected car washed.  Oh, and washed 4 loads of clothes and did a mini closet purge.  If only all weekends could be this productive!

Saturday night, Gentleman Caller and I had a much deserved date night.  He has been traveling for work; I have been so busy at work, and we have not seen much of each other.  We went to the lovely N7 (the link is such a good memory of the first time we went when we were still newly dating!) for dinner and had a nightcap at my neighborhood bar.  It was so nice to be able to chat uninterrupted and plan our mountain trip for Memorial Day.  I cannot wait!

Me and my reluctant selfie partner.  Are all men like that? I wasn't wearing makeup and didn't care!
On Sunday, I went to my 5th day of Pure Barre Class in a row.  I am trying to complete the Pure Madness challenge!
Luckily there was yoga after!
After that I finished the laundry, picked up some things in the back yard and then got ready for Puppies and Yoga to raise money for Sweet Swine O' Mine and Hogs for the Cause.

Our beautiful instructor Jen donated her services.  She posed with some of our rescue puppies!
Most of the group, it was a beautiful day for yoga!
This little half lab half dachshund stole my heart!  I almost rescued him!
Me and my Daddy getting that side plank!  I introduced him to yoga and he's hooked!
I got home and started this amazing book after on my porch!

I am tuning 40 in about 2.5 months and I am trying to cut the anxiety off about that in advance.  I am never married, never had kids and don't own a home and those are all of the "marks of adulthood" as far as my family is concerned. I get a few too many reminders of that or "it will happen one day" and that has really become annoying. I'm fine! And stop asking me when we are getting engaged while you are at it!

So I bought a book about shedding those conventions and learning to embrace 40 and being childless by accident and focused on your career so I could make sure I was fine.  Spoiler alert, I am. This line grabbed me..."The truth is, no one knows what they are missing in the end.  You can only live your own life, and do your own best with the outcome when you roll the dice."  I know this, but hearing it this way spoke to me for some reason.  

Anyway.  I hate when I get emotional posting on Sundays like that but true life it is!  Yoga always makes me emotional!

Hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed some extra daylight!  Back to the food tomorrow!  

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments