Friday Favorites- A Look back at Mardi Gras

Hey y'all!  I am happy to be back to real life after a crazy Mardi Gras!  I hope all of you up north are staying warm and all of you in the path of last week's tornadoes are okay.  I will be back to normal next week, but I thought I would give you a recap of Mardi Gras in case you didn't get enough of it on my Instagram stories!  

Thursday night was the beautiful all-female Muses parade.  The weather was not good and the parades got moved around but I was so glad they happened!  Four of my friends rode on one float and I knew a lot of other ladies on other floats.  Their signature throw is a shoe, usually decorated with glitter.  I caught three!  We decided to make this our "non-book" book club event for the month, my friend Julie lives close to the route and hosted us.

The first float, so pretty!
The beautiful Patricia Clarkson, who is from New Orleans, was the Queen.
RBG made an appearance of course!
Love my book club!
Friday I rode my bike to work for a few meetings and then got geared up for our fancy lunch at Justine in the French Quarter.  It is one of the best days of Mardi Gras!  

The paralegal outside my office got a kick out of me sitting at my desk dressed like this!
We invited the men this year.  Gentleman Caller was not as festive, lol!
The ladies!  Love this group so much!
We took Saturday off and skipped the ball for my daddy's parade.  We made a yummy dinner and then settled on the couch to watch Blackkklansman. All of sudden we heard helicopters and saw blue flashing lights speeding down my street.  I was nervous something bad happened and then I started getting the "are you okay?" texts.  And as it turns out, something terrible happened. A drunk driver hit a group of bicyclists, killing 2 of them, both so young.   This was all about a block or two from my house, on the bike lane I take all the time.  If we had gone to the parade, it could have been us.  I have never been so happy to stay home!  My heart is still breaking for the poor woman and man who were killed.  

Sunday we had a weird morning of parades with no bands and then walked over with my friends in from Austin to see friends of ours that were also in from Austin to wait out the rain.  It was so good to see people I had not seen in almost years.  To show how small the world is, Gentleman Caller was talking to one of the women there and she said her husband's name.  Turns out his mom and GC's mom were good friends!  

Long lost friends!
Bacchus was so lit up and gorgeous as usual.
These cuties had the best time on their ladder!
Does it make me old that I didn't know who Jensen Ackles (the King) was?
It was so good to have a whole day with my bestie in from Austin!
For some reason I ended up with no plans on Mardi Gras day for the first time ever so I called my parents to crash their party!  I was going to ride my bike, but they were nervous after the crash and picked me up.  I was glad because it was literally freezing!

My mom and dad are so fun!
Had to get a Frozen Irish Coffee even though it was so cold!
We had brunch at Kingfish
We then walked around to enjoy the beautiful, albeit cold day.
There were so many costumes about the call that never happened. She was an "obvious flag"

Ended the day taking my dad to his first ever gay bar so we could pee!
It was a whirlwind, but not nearly the whirlwind I had a few years ago.  Getting older and having a boyfriend will slow you down, hee hee!  Have you been to Mardi Gras?  Do you want to come visit next year?  Do you do any fun festivities where you live?  Hope you have a great weekend, I plan to do nothing!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments