The things I do to bacon (Maple Bacon Jam with Caramelized Onions)

Ah, Hogs for the Cause food prep.  You make me do things in the kitchen I don't normally do.  Like make all kinds of fun things with bacon and pork.  Today I have some delightful Maple Bacon Jam that is just to die for!  

It is just caramelized onions, bacon and some sweet and savory additions, what is not to love?  I made a pork meatloaf with it for testing purposes and it was so good.  We are using that recipe so I cannot post it yet, but when I do, you will run, not walk to the kitchen!

This would be great with cream cheese, on some chicken, paired with brie on a cracker, the possibilities are endless!  It is really easy to make and so delightfully delicious.  Have I convinced you yet?  If not, try it and be hooked!  Full recipe after the montage.

Maple Bacon Jam with Caramelized Onions
Look at that yummy bacon goodness!
Maple Bacon Jam with Caramelized Onions
The cast
Maple Bacon Jam with Caramelized Onions
I could have caramelized onions on and in everything!
Maple Bacon Jam with Caramelized Onions
Oh, bacon, how you soothe me!
Maple Bacon Jam with Caramelized Onions
Pin it and enjoy!

Bacon Maple Jam

One onion, cut into slices and caramelized
1 pack of bacon, cooked and drained on paper towels
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Place bacon and onions in food processor and process until blended.  Add to a hot skillet.  Add syrup, sugar and vinegar and combine.  Cook until all is melted and mixed through.  Use any way you like!  I made meatloaf with it!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments