Five for Friday- Cleaning tips and fun

Hi friends!  Happy Friday!  It has been a wacky week of weather here.  It was in the 80's Monday and Tuesday and then hasn't been out of the 30's or 40's since!  I have exhausted my limited weather wardrobe, hee hee! Linking up with Amanda (who will be a momma soon!) for Friday Favorites, here we go!

ONE: 

Gentleman Caller and I went to see Ladybird Tuesday night.  It was sooo good!  I laughed, I cried, I wanted more.  I highly recommend it!

TWO:

My friends and I had our annual Dirty Santa Party last night and it was so fun!  We have been friends for over 10 years and through growing up, marriages, moves, babies and infertility, our daily email has been the glue that has kept us together!  I have no idea how we all became friends but I have a fun flow chart to keep track of who brough who into the group!

I drafted this too early to include or bet on a pic.  Here we are at the last time one of us got married.  I hope we have a few more weddings in the next year or so!

THREE:

I have been asked to do the music for our office Christmas party!  I am so excited!  I plan on doing a mix of old and new christmas with some motown and current pop hits, what is your favorite genre?

FOUR: 

I have been having a problem seeing on the way home from work since the sun is going down.  Now I know why!  I will be doing this method this weekend!




FIVE:

Adventures in red wine drinking with a white couch.  I sat down to have one glass of wine Wednesday night and this happened.

Ay carumba!

After a lot of work and staying up late, I present to you the after:

It is not perfect but a pillow will cover that!

I have the Ikea Ecktorp white cover.  I will give you the disclaimer that I am not sure it will work for other colors or materials.

I used:
Foamy Dawn
Hydrogen Peroxide
Oxyclean powder

Spray foam soap to cover stain.  Mix a small amount of hydrogen peroxide with it to make a gel like consistency.  Sprinkle heavily with Oxyclean and wash on hot with a cold rinse.  Put in the dryer for 10 minutes to soak up excess water and lay out over couch overnight to air dry.

There you have it!  Hope you have a fun filled weekend. I have a Saturday night party, hopefully yoga Sunday and Book Club gift exchange after! See you back next week!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments