TBB asks

Since this weekend deserves a weekend recap on Tuesday, though I would link up with the lovely ladies of the Blended Blog for the December Installment of "The Blended Blog Asks" today.  Here we go!




1. Real or Fake Tree? Real Tree!  I love going to get it and how great it makes the house smell!  Although I don't like vacuuming up all the shedding!

My tree last year.  This reminds me I need more lights!

2. Favorite Christmas Cookie?  Hard to pick just one.  I do love a simple sugar cookie this time of year.

3. Home on Christmas Morning or Travel? Home now.  I used to travel when I lived in Austin and sleep at my parents' house.  I always make waffles (literally the only reason why I have a waffle iron!) like my daddy used to make every Christmas morning.

4. Clear or Colored Lights? Clear.  Always Clear.  

5. Send Christmas Cards? No.  I know this is silly, but I feel like since I don't have kids and am not married, Christmas Cards aren't for me.  I sent them out once, when I first moved to Texas and had my dog in a cowboy hat on it.  Did you send out Christmas Cards before you were married or had kids?

6. Favorite Christmas Present Received? When I was little, it was my cabbage patch kid for sure!

Christmas 1985, how 80's are we?  Those are Care Bears PJ's!
7. Favorite Christmas Present Given?  We surprised my parents when I was in college and got professional photos taken of us three sisters and framed a big one for them, they loved it!

8. Stockings or no stockings? Stockings for sure!  I still have the one my grandmother crocheted for me for my first Christmas!

9. Christmas PJ's?  No, that has never been a tradition in my family and now I want to start!

10. Favorite Christmas carol? Do I have to choose?  And do we mean carol in the traditional sense or song?  I like all carols but I will say my top three songs.  1. All I want for Christmas is you 2. Rocking around the Christmas Tree 3. Zat you Santa Claus?  I miss having Sirius this time of year, maybe I should treat myself?!

11. Favorite Holiday Tradition?  My friends and I get together every year and watch White Christmas in our pajamas,  but this year we are going to see it live at the Saenger Theater in fancy clothes!

12. Early Shopper or Last Minute? I am an early shopper, I like to have the presents wrapped and under the tree ASAP!

13. Favorite Christmas Movie or Show?  I love my White Christmas with my girls, but nothing can top National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation in my book!

14. Favorite Holiday Beverage? Eggnog white Russian.  My friend Aimee and I started having these a few years ago, so good!

15. Cookies and Milk for Santa? No. I don't do it because its's just me and my dog and she doesn't care, but mostly because I don't want to be tempted!

What about you?  What are some of your Christmas favorites?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments