Just because it's not pretty doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a post! (Easy Squash Noodle Dinner)

This post is old because I think it looks funny.  And then I remembered how good and easy it was so I decided to draft and publish it.  This involved  one of my favorite activities, brainstorming about what to make from a Hollygrove market box!  And now I have a new veggie I like to make noodles out of, squash!

This was very simple and easy.  Brown some chicken, spiralize squash, saute with veggies and stir in cheese and herbs, so simple!  And more flavor than you think!  I think maybe adding a little stock or milk to the cheese to make it more "saucy" may be a good idea but it was really fine the way it is. The tomatoes kind of make a sauce too.  

Check this out, make noodles out of your favorite veggies and play!  What is your favorite?  I like the squash here but I think sweet potato ones are my new favorite. Full recipe to follow the montage.

 Easy Squash Noodle Dinner
You shouldn't stop to take pics like me!
 Easy Squash Noodle Dinner
The very local cast.  All but chicken is from local farms.
 Easy Squash Noodle Dinner
Shall we call them Squoodles?  
 Easy Squash Noodle Dinner
I love cherry tomatoes.  Or are these grape I guess?
 Easy Squash Noodle Dinner
Ready for a toss
 Easy Squash Noodle Dinner
It ain't pretty but it tastes good!

Easy Squash Noodle Dinner

4 summer squash, spiralized
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup soft cheese (I forgot what this was but reminiscent of goat cheese)
1/ cup chopped basil'
Browned chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces.

Saute the squash, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat  for 5 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper and add the tomatoes and saute an additional 7 minutes.  Remove to a bowl and add immediately add cheese, basil and chicken to combine.  

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments