An oldie and a much loved goodie (Italian Beef Stir Fry)

I was looking through my old emails for my famous enchilada recipe that I made for my beach trip a few months ago and stumbled across some old favorites I haven't made in years.  One of them is Italian Beef Stir Fry, which I have for you here today.  

When I prepared to make it, I was going to doctor it up and do it a different way.  Serendipitously, I was on the phone with my sister when I began cooking.  It was she who gave me the recipe so long ago and reminded me that I had to follow the directions or the meat would be too tough.  She was right!  And my fears of soggy veggies were not realized!

This was just as delicious as I remember it, and I loved just having it by itself instead of over noodles like we used to have it. Although some egg noodles would have been nice! Make this, it is so easy, tasty and one pot, what is not to love?  Full recipe to follow the montage. Linking up with the fine folks of Meal Plan Monday

Italian Beef Stir Fry
A bowl of healthy deliciousness.
Italian Beef Stir Fry
The cast.  I overachieved and made my own dressing.
Italian Beef Stir Fry
Pretty chopped veggies!
Italian Beef Stir Fry
Getting that steak nice and tender!
Italian Beef Stir Fry
Throw the veggies in, now it is a party!
Italian Beef Stir Fry
After a while they are cooked down.
Italian Beef Stir Fry
Plate it up and enjoy!
Italian Beef Stir Fry (recipe from my sister, not sure where she got it from)
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1 lb-ish Thin Steak (round steak, or tip steak, etc.) cut into small pieces
1 cup of Italian Dressing (you can even use fat free and it tastes good)
3 cups of chopped veggies: for example I used Red Bell Pepper, Zucchini, Squash and onion
(we have used mushrooms, tomatoes and corn as well)

Saute Meat (salt and pepper) and Garlic in olive oil, until meat is browned. Pour Italian Dressing in and cover, simmer on low/medium for 15-20 minutes. Throw veggies in, stir and simmer (covered) for about 5-7 minutes more until veggies are soft. Serve over Angel Hair pasta rice or alone like I did for the low carb life.

Happy Cooking!
Missy

No comments