Recapping the Weekend-Hello Fall and hello Strangers!

Hi friends!  It has been awhile!  I have a new job, still at the same place but it is sooooo much more work I am not sure how I can keep up the blog and my other stuff right now.  I got a nap after the fantastic Saints overtime victory yesterday and got a few minutes when I woke up to recap! Linking up with the lovely Biana for weekending!

Last weekend, Gentleman Caller and I went to Austin!  It was so good to head back to my old home and show him some sights! He had to go for work so I was delighted to tag along!

At the beautiful Mount Bonnell!
Then I came back to another crazy week at work.  Friday afternoon I got some continuing education (CLE) in and then had happy hour with some of my favorite lady lawyers at the new and fabulous Copper Vine!

Some badass ladies right here!
Saturday was a day of movies with my nephew and Gentleman Caller and his sons to see the House with Clock in its Walls.  It was unexpectedly good!  Then we grilled out steaks while I watched LSU win.  Then we made Mug Brownies and watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  My kind of night! 

Sunday we watched the Saints have another nail biter at Bayou Beer Garden.  I planned to make Eggplant Parmesan with my new Covey Rise Haul, but instead I fell right asleep.  I woke up and Gentleman Caller had improvised and made it for us, I could not have made it better myself!

He is the best and so was this eggplant!
This week is going to be nuts with work and life again so I will try to post some recipes from my stockpile and be back Friday with some links.  I am so happy to have a job and a social life and stuff but man, I need a break!  While our quick trip last weekend was rejuvenating, I need more free time!  What have you been up to?  

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments