An easy and interesting salad (Bok Choy Carrot and Apple Salad)

Hey!  Happy Tasty Tuesday.  This is a busy week and tonight I am going to see Justin Timberlake!  Follow me on intstastories to see all the fun.  I cannot wait!  

I really miss having the Covey Rise share every week, but I am looking forward to getting it back in the spring!  It forces me to try new veggies and also to create meals I would have never tried.  I got my second to last share the day before I was having a pot luck dinner with some former coworkers.  We were having lots of "bad food" think pizza and wings, so I was glad to add some veggies to the mix.  

The share had some lovely things in it including bok choy and carrots.  That sounded like it would make an amazing stir fry but I decided to try something different and make a salad.  I had half an apple laying around and some friend shallots that are always a great crunch addition and decided to throw those in the mix.  And what resulted was delightful.

I paired this with some store-bought ranch and wow it was amazing!  The sweet apple and carrot complemented the savory shallots and bok choy so well.  If you can't find fried shallots, it is really easy to fry some up yourself, which I will totally do next time!  Make this next time you are looking for a fun addition to your meal, you will not regret it!  Full recipe to follow the montage. Linking up with Meal Plan Monday.

Apple Carrot and Bok Choy Salad
A simple healthy cast


Apple Carrot and Bok Choy Salad
Chop, mix and that is it!

Apple Carrot and Bok Choy Salad

Easy Peasy Bok Choy Salad

3 cups of chopped bok choy, about 4 small, or one large with hard stem removed
1/2 green apple, julienned
3 small carrots, julienned
1/4 cup fried shallots (found in the Asian section or fry your own)
1/4 cup ranch dressing

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve immediately.  How easy it that?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments