Friday Favorites-Who dat!

Hey y'all!  Happy Friday!  This was a long week and I am so glad it is over!  I hope yours was great and your weekend is greater!  Send some good thoughts and prayers over to Gentleman Caller's dad.  He fell off a ladder this week and luckily escaped with only some broken bones but he's still in the hospital. Linking up with Amanda for Friday Favorites.



Have you checked out the podcast Broken Harts?  It is my jam currently and so intriguing.  If you don't remember the story, it involves the lesbian couple who adopted 6 African American children whose vehicle went off a cliff in California and they all died.  I had heard the story when it happened and forgot about it.  I am so happy I found this podcast! If you loved Serial and love true crime you will love this! Although, warning, it is sad.

Have you read Educated? My more serious book club is reading it this month and I loved it!  I am so excited to be hosting at my house for the discussion. Even though I did not grow up Mormon, or in the remote west and education was stressed in my family, I weirdly related to her as the "weirdo" in my large Irish catholic family that kind of went my own way by accident.

I am doing the January Cure from Apartment Therapy and am loving refreshing my house for the new year!  Have you ever done it?  It is not too late to join!

The Saints are hosting the Eagles in the playoffs Sunday and I cannot not wait to see my team in action again!  I am hoping to make it to the Superbowl! Especially since it is in Atlanta!

I am going to see Les Miserables Saturday at the Saenger Theater!  I am so excited to see it! The last time I saw it was the movie version and I cannot wait to see it on the stage. 

How was your week?  What do you have on tap for the weekend?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments