It felt like fall for all of five minutes, so I made soup! (buffalo chicken soup)

I warned y'all as soon as it turned warm I would make this soup.  I also have warned you before that I love buffalo flavored things.  The temps dipped into the 60's and it was time for soup!  I have made this recipe several times.  It is so delicious and the perfect make a big pot and have it for lunch every day during the week recipe.  Best yet, it is low carb and healthy!  You can always puree most veggies to take the place of heavy cream, like I have in the past.

I did not have a ranch packet even though I went to the grocery store three times the weekend I made this for that specific item!  I was on the phone for all trips so that will teach me to shop and talk at the same time!  I decided to marinate the chicken in some leftover ranch dressing I had to make up for that.  I also used chicken thighs as opposed to a rotisserie chicken like the original.  And, of course, I added garlic!  After the montage you will get the full recipe.  

One of my single servings at lunch during the week, I got so many compliments on the smell and lots of questions about what it was!  A popular guess was turkey chili. Sorry for the big pic, iPhone photos are wonky!
All the things you will need.  I made the stock myself, I have a post coming on that!
Chop and marvel in the goodness!  And the fact that your hand is intact!
Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces
Saute them in butter.  Man, that smell never gets old!
Once cauliflower is soft, pull out the immersion blender and puree. This was a gift I gave to the ex but he never used it so I accidentally packed it with my kitchen stuff.  Hopefully he isn't reading!
If you don't have one you can use a regular blender.  You will just have to do more dishes. 
Grill the chicken until it is cooked through.  The ranch messed up the color of the chicken.  Excuse the dirty stove, I was busy!
Throw the cauliflower, buffalo sauce, chopped chicken and water you forgot on with the veggies and cook for a bit.

Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup (borrowed from The Cookie Rookie)


Ingredients:

4-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or used rotisserie)
1 packet of ranch seasoning
1 large head of cauliflower chopped
6 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
4 carrots, diced
6 stalks of celery diced
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce 
chopped green onion and cheese for garnish (I used cheddar because I hate bleu cheese)

Season your chicken with salt and pepper and grill/bake/saute until cooked. Boil cauliflower in a pot with water, ranch seasoning, and chicken broth, until very tender; approximately 10 minutes. While cauliflower is cooking, saute carrots, celery, and onion with the butter in a stock pot. Cook on medium heat until the onions are translucent and the vegetables are fork tender. Add the garlic for a minute. Using an immersion blender, blend the cauliflower into a puree in the pot. It should blend completely and form a thicker base for the soup. Add the cauliflower base and buffalo sauce to the veggies and stir. Stir in chicken and let cook on low for 20-30 minutes. Serve hot with green onion and cheese as garnish (optional)

I actually ate this all five days for lunch and did not get sick of it!  It is so good!  If you try it please let me know how you like it!


Happy Cooking!


Missy


No comments