Five for Friday- Mardi Gras begins!

Hey y'all Happy Friday!   I had a nice normal long week, I am super jealous of those of you that had President's Day off.  But, I get Mardi Gras so don't feel so bad for me!



I received a new shampoo from Maple Holistics to try called Silk18-shampoo.  I used it this week and my hair turned out so soft.  I have really dry and damaged hair so I am always looking for a shampoo that makes my hair feel softer and more moisturized and this was just the ticket!

The shampoo is so rich and thick! 

I wish you could feel how silky my hair is!
We had a fire alarm go off Wednesday and smelled smoke.  We evacuated the building and the news came.  Turns out we could smell the smoke from this fire miles away.  The pictures are crazy and I am so sad as a preservationist that we lost one of our historic homes.  

I made bacon toffee crack for a Sweet Swine of Mine meeting Wednesday night.  I did not do a blog post about it, should I?  I would have to remake it, which I am sure Gentleman Caller would not mind ;)

Also on Wednesday, my sweet last niece Ruby turned two.  Where does the time go?  My sister let me be in the room when she was born and it was the most emotional experience I have ever had.  I just love this little angel!

I could just eat her up she's so sweet!
This weekend starts a week and a half of total fun!

Saturday we are joining Gentleman Caller's friends for the annual Krewe of Shoe parade watch party.  There is a horseshoe contest as well as a costume contest.  The best part is that Emily from Martinis and Bikinis is in town and she is joining us!  Follow along on Instagram for the fun and the costume reveal.  Hopeully the rain holds out and we actually get to do this.

Sunday is another parade watch party at Del Fuego.  We used to host the party to make money for Sweet Swine of Mine, but they started their own team so we are supporting them!  It should be a beautiful day on Sunday finally; it has been gross all week!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend full of some lovely things!  See you back next week, maybe...It tends to get wonky around these parts this time of year!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments