Friday Favorites- Feelin fine in February

Hey y'all!  Happy Friday!  It has been a bit better of a week for me stress wise thank goodness!  Work quieted down a little finally.  Let's get into some Friday Favorites shall we?

Man, How to Walk Away was just what I needed!  I stayed up and read it all in one sitting one night.  It put me back into my perspective that I have been living with since I recovered from depression. That is don't let what hurt you set you back from living the life you want.  I usually live that way on autopilot and that autopilot light is back on now!

The cutest little reading buddy ever!

This week, one of my departments I represent took a field trip to the Small Center  at Tulane for the Undesign the Redline exhibit.  It was so eye opening to see all the efforts made by so many parties to make sure minorities did not get financing to purchase homes and also to keep them out of established neighborhoods.  I wish I could bring everyone there; it is hard to not see how institutionalized racism has affected and still affects so many lives.  I further understood my privilege and remembered how lucky I am to have parents who have the means to help me if something happens to me financially,  They also have exhibits in Boston, LA, Atlanta and outside of Baltimore if you are in those areas.

The timeline of events.  It was eerie to see how my family participated by moving to the suburbs during "white flight" and by not sending me to public school.  I am bucking the trend!
I am celebrating yet another friend turning 40 this weekend!  I have a few more before it is my turn at the end of May.  My friend Susana is turning 40 and her daughter is turning one so we are having a party for them both at a brewery. I am excited because that means we can bring Gentleman Caller's sons.  Breweries are the best things to happen to social adults with small children since the babysitter, lol!

Love my festive friend.  Had to cut someone out of this one ;)
Hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day no matter how and if you celebrated.  It should be a reminder to us all to spread love wherever we go, whenever we go!

Hope your weekend is spectacular!  What do you have going on?  Whatever it is, I hope it is lovely and enjoyable, even if it is laundry.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments