When you make plans, sometimes they go awry (Roasted Green beans with Spicy Mustard Dipping Sauce)

I hosted Book club recently and it was at the odd hour of 4 p.m.  Since it was in between meals I decided to make some finger food appetizers.  I was going to make some tempura green beans from the New York Times that I pinned for one dish.  However, since I do not have a subscription, the recipe disappeared.  It was no matter though, I was running late and did not have the time to fry, plus my house would be stinky if I did.

I decided to roast the beans instead and it was just plain tasty!  As was this sauce!  I am pretty sure this was the same sauce that went with the original recipe, but unfortunately I cannot check it.  Anyway, Gentleman Caller came over after for leftovers and wanted to drink this sauce.  It would be really yummy to dip chicken fingers in it.  I am going to try that soon!

Make this, it would be great for asparagus too!  A perfect healthy party appetizer or side dish.  One day I will try the tempura, but for now, I am so happy about this change in plans!  Full recipe below, I was so busy there is no montage!




Roasted Green Beans with Spicy Mustard Dipping Sauce

1 lb. fresh green beans
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425. Toss fresh green beans in olive oil, salt and pepper and a tsp. of garlic salt. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.

Dipping sauce:
¼ cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons light soy sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce or more to taste

Combine ingredients in a small saucepan and set over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until warm and thick, about 5 minutes.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments